Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guinea Pig

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:32 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 283 Total Views
     I have a question about our guinea pig. I don't know how old he is, but under a year for sure. How much water does a guinea usually drink? Ours goes through 16 ounces every two days! Is that normal? He's eating well and socializing. He just pees all the time!!
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
musicangl
by Group Admin on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:04 PM
im sorry i suck at ounces... when i had a ginuea pig he went through 2 of them water bottles like every 2 days.. i just gave him water every 2 days.. however when we had 2 of them we gave them water every day because the two of them drank all the time.. keep in mind its summer and they need lots of fresh fruits and veggies and water and food.. they are soo much fun pets. :) i miss ours soo much.
ailat21
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 9:33 AM
    Yeah Lenny is finally coming out of his shell a little. I think he's a lot younger than that pet store lady told me. He popcorns when we give him hay or raspberries in the morning! The only noises he makes are chirping when the phone rings and a 3 second warning before he pees all over you!!
musicangl
by Group Admin on Jun. 21, 2007 at 9:40 AM

Quoting ailat21:

Yeah Lenny is finally coming out of his shell a little. I think he's a lot younger than that pet store lady told me. He popcorns when we give him hay or raspberries in the morning! The only noises he makes are chirping when the phone rings and a 3 second warning before he pees all over you!!
lol thats good.. rodney and ginger were very noisy but they were awesome.. they loved to cuddle on us and they loved each other.. we just couldnt afford to keep them and it wasnt fair to them to be living in the garage because my mom has a no pets rule and were living with her right now.. our snakes are at a friend of ours house as it is.. but noone would take the pigs. lol.. i never tried rasperberries... good job.. i did stuff like carrots, celery, cucumbers, etc.. they loved those.. and lettuce was a fav also. lol..yall gonna look into getting him a mate? if so be careful with babies... they will pop out when u aint expecting then when they are old enough the will mate with each other and their parents.. so make sure u get them seperated as soon as they are weaned lol
ailat21
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 6:17 PM
      No, we're not going to get him a mate, because I dont want to run the risk of 1000 babies!!
musicangl
by Group Admin on Jun. 23, 2007 at 11:36 PM

Quoting ailat21:

No, we're not going to get him a mate, because I dont want to run the risk of 1000 babies!!
lol u could always get him nuetored then get him a mate... we got rodney ginger because we wanted babies... we didnt want 9 total ginuea pigs that was an accident but we took him to the SPCA and got him snipped so that him and her could do it again and nomore babies.. when we got rid of them we told the lady that when she found them a good home they HAD to stay together because we got him snipped so they would never have to be apart ya know..it was only $40 at SPCA.
motherofboys333
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2007 at 11:38 PM
im not sure either i have to fill the bottle on my guinea pigs ever day of water hes so cute though
ailat21
by on Jun. 24, 2007 at 3:02 PM
      They are cute, and they have a lot more personality than I thought! I think we'll just stick with one for now. We really don't have enough room for a 2 pig cage. We live in a small apartment.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)