Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do in winter....

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 8:05 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 264 Total Views

What do you do to keep occupied in winter?  At my house it doesn't take long for everyone to get crabby when we are stuck inside for 5 months (at least). 

We try to go to play groups as much as possible, we play with playdough, board games, and coloring at lot more, and (unfortunately) we usually end up watching more T.V. or the kids play on the computer more than I would like.

by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tanyak5
by Member on Dec. 3, 2008 at 10:43 AM

My children are older so they go out on the 4 wheeler and snowmobile alot provided that there is snow.  We also go for walks in the woods of it is above zero.  The kids do put alot more time in on tv and video games that is for sure.  As for me I love to read and bake.

kristal205
by on Jan. 30, 2009 at 1:16 PM

this has been aparticulary cold winter.  going out makes it harder.  i like to read and watch movies.  we have a good library here so i look for magazines and books and good videos or dvds.  i love a good hallmark. 

we are in a different neighborhood now, so we are still getting to know our neighbors and such.

I like to clean or go through my wardrobe and find different ideas for matching .  we have an auxiliary shop in town, a resale shop open on fridays...find used stuff for a quarter and a dime, unless specially marked.

my hubby and i cook and we have our dog we play with.  puzzles and bible study i like.  i would like to find a couple of women to get together with just to have a women's study once in a while.     kristal 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)