Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shoreline/Mount Lake Terrace

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 9:56 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 523 Total Views

My husband and I just moved from Ballard up to Shoreline. We're right off Ballinger Way and we're pretty close to Mount Lake Terrace. I don't have any "mommy" friends and it's been pretty lonely with no one to talk to about my pregnancy or the baby. Hopefully someone is near by.

Thanks.

H a n n a h

expecting girl

by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dsmama2004
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Hello!

Im really close to that area! Maybe we can get together sometime and chit chat! Let me know what day/time is best for you :) I stay home with my 2 boys so we are pretty flexible!

hhindley
by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Well it will be a little while longer, I'm due on Monday and she is most likely NOT coming, lol so I'm going to be induced. But I will definitely take you up on your offer! Thank you :-)

H a n n a h

have a nice day

dsmama2004
by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Oh wow Monday!!! Good luck, where are you having her? Let me know if you need anything, even though we never met! I love helping people and esp. mommys :) I will forward to hearing how everything goes....good luck!

sheriskidmore
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Hi there!  Welcome to the area!  :)   I'm a single mom of a 4 year old little boy and we live in Mountlake Terrace.  I'd love to meet other moms in the area, especially since I'm on my own.  Let me know if you have any questions!  Congrats on your baby---sooo exciting!! :))

hhindley
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:21 AM

Thank you for the offer! That is so sweet! We're good for now. Although we're using cloth diapers and we don't have a washer and dryer yet, so if you know where a laundry mat is and we also need more cloth diapers. My mom got them for us at Walmart, but I don't know of a Walmart up here or where to find just the basic cloth ones, you know they're thicker in the middle and then thinner on the sides and you just pin them together, you know the old fashioned kind...?

Anyway, I will keep you updated on the baby. It's about 2:20a.m. and nothing yet. Chances are the doctor will have to induce me. She said if I haven't gone into labor on the 9th that's what will happen. My membranes have been stripped twice and we've been doing at-home remedies and I'm not even dilated 1cm! She is going to be stubborn like her daddy :-)

H a n n a h

have a nice day

hhindley
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:26 AM

Quoting sheriskidmore:

Hi there!  Welcome to the area!  :)   I'm a single mom of a 4 year old little boy and we live in Mountlake Terrace.  I'd love to meet other moms in the area, especially since I'm on my own.  Let me know if you have any questions!  Congrats on your baby---sooo exciting!! :))

Thank you! It is exciting and scary at the same time! I'm beginning to like it a lot better up here than closer to the city. I used be a city girl dreaming of living in the middle of downtown, but now I can't stand to go down there and I avoid it at all costs, lol. This is a nice area. I live near Brugger's Bog Park in the Ballinger neighborhood. Hopefully we can all meet up soon! I'm excited to get out there and meet new mommies since the friends I have now are childless (for now) and aren't really on the same level as me anymore.

H a n n a h

have a nice day

dsmama2004
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Hi,

Im just wondering if you have had the baby yet? Let me know when you would be up for meeting! We are free as always :) Congrats if the baby is here! Take care and ttyl!

hhindley
by on Sep. 13, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Yes! The baby is here. That's why I haven't been online. I had her on the 10th. Things are so crazy! I'm exhausted!! Oh man, well once I get settled and get into the swing of things I'll let you know and we should do something.

Thanks!!

H a n n a h

baby girl

dsmama2004
by on Sep. 13, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Ok sounds good! Im excited to see her, well meet both of you :)

jessiebear2008
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Im on 175th and meridian in shoreline. The only close friend i have is in Colorado. Im looking for close friends to go do things with =) I have 16m old son.

Formula feeding, stay at home/work at home, binki using, vaccinating, spanking (when necessary), TV watching, swearing, Semi co sleeping, Hugging, kissing, cuddling, LOVEING mother to a beautiful little boy who I adore more then anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)