Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm by No means a Christian by Today's Definition.....

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2010 at 3:19 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

What exactly is a Christian? Where did the term originate? I'm guessing here with just some plain horse sense the term began in the Roman period right after Jesus death. The Roman's are a likely candidate for 'labeling' the followers of 'this man' named Jusus who called Himself the 'Christ'. And that makes logical sense to me. They were probably called followers or believers of Jesus or something along this line amoungst themselves but the 'label' Christian almost has a devilish ring to it when determining who's using it.

What does this term mean today? Firstly, it's grouped together with 'all' other types of religions and practices around the world. It's refered to as a religion and has been made a relion by 'man'. Does that make it right? NO it's another lie and deception we've come to just accept over the centuries to be true.

God flooded the earth because people fell away from Him and from His grace since the days of Adam. God had no room for any practices outside His. His ways or no ways....Jesus said that anyone who is not for Him is against Him. Cannot be plainer than that. God's love and grace should be more than enough for us.

Now, who is grouped into the classification of Christian today? This has come to be a 'watered down' definition of what the original 'Christians' believed and practice in their walk. Many groups are listed that don't even recognize Jesus as the Lord, some make Him a meer man and some say he's an angel. Then there's the Jesus believers who have twisted the truth and added many of their own rules to the game calling themselves by their 'denomination', separting themselves by human nature to single themselves apart from the body as a whole, completely against what Jesus & Paul taught.

Jesus said that the road is narrow and the gate is small for those who enter the gate of Heaven. There is just one gate. What is that gate? It's name is Jesus!I can see why now! I'm almost ashamed of the people of our country calling themselves Christians becuase there's no consistancy to their believes.

I don't have 'religion'! I have a relationship with a living God. Jesus was and is a living being. He's my redemption, my Savior, my Lord! He lives in me and I in Him. I don't have to practice any rituals, or recite any chants, or work or earn my way by my deeds and practices to get His approval to enter Heaven. I'm already there! I already have a place prepared for me. All I do now is to love Him, love my neighbor as myself and spread the word of His love that my neighbor's, brothers & sisters may also be there with me. For what He's given us freely we are commanded to likewise give!

I AM A FOLLOWER OF MY LORD, MY KING, MY EVERYTHING.

I AM A CHILD OF GOD! I'M A LIGHT. I'M A FOLLOWER OF JESUS AND THE ONE TRUE GOD! I AM THE BRIDE OF CHRIST, I AM A SAINT. I AM THESE THINGS AND MORE......I'm not a label of Christian tho.............I hope my sisters out there feel the same!

The Lord bless you and keep you * the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you * the lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you PEACE! Numbers 6:24-26.

by on Mar. 5, 2010 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mamagoose524
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 8:03 AM

Amen!  Hallelujah!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)