Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice needed about gods chosen people

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 11:34 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

so i have a friend who doesnt belive that the jews are Gods chosen people she said that the christians are thats what she belives i told her that in the bible it says gods chosen people are the jews and she said how they dont even believe in jesus christ so there going to hell and stuff and she said that they used to be gods chosen people in the old testament but there not anymore then she said there a race and i told her that there are christian jews jews that believe in jesus christ and she was like then there not a jew i got so mad i had to get off the phone i dotn know what to tell her any advice would be great

by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
heatkab
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 1:26 PM

If you ask a Jewish person they will tell you they are "the people who chose God". Not God's chosen people, since it was their ancestors the Hebrews who accepted the covenant God had offered. One can ethnically be a Jew and convert to Christianity but then they are considered a Christian. The definition of Christian is one who follows Christ. The Jews who accepted Christianity in Biblical times are referred to as Arab Christians today. An example of them would be the Christian Palestinians the local people of ancient Israel who accepted Christianity and who are being discriminated against in Modern Israel and the Palestinian Territories today.  

Here is an article from an Orthodox Jewish Website that discusses "The chosen People".

http://www.aish.com/jl/kc/48931302.html

desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Apr. 7, 2010 at 2:30 AM

The Jews gained this 'label' because of the way God's plan went. Seth's blood line, son of Adam & Eve was the chosen bloodline of Jesus Chrsit because Jesus, the 'second' Adam had to be from the original blood to make the atonement for Adam's sin.

The Hebrews, meaning ones who cross over, likewsie were the ones to recieve the 'laws' from God. Moses was the one to record God's word. The Hebrews name to later be pronounced Jews having known the laws and also having the prophets speaking to them were chosen to be the one's to have Jesus arrested.

They are also the one's to keep the word of God alive as they read from the Torrah daily and speak the prophecy of the coming of Chrsit. God has kept the 'remnant' alive to keep His word alive til the last days. It's a part of His covenant with Abraham. God keeps His promises.

There is a remnant of the original bloodline that are left which will be the 144000 from the 12 tribes who will bear witness of Christ during the tribulation. This is the meaning of the 'chosen'.

Now as for salvation: that's for ALL mankind and this will continue to play out after the tribulation and during the 1000 year reign, when the Jews get to live in their land peacefully to fulfill God's promise.

backroadsmom
by Member on Apr. 7, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Romans 11:16-18  {New Testament}

16 And since Abraham and the other patriarchs were holy, their descendants will also be holy—just as the entire batch of dough is holy because the portion given as an offering is holy. For if the roots of the tree are holy, the branches will be, too.

17 But some of these branches from Abraham’s tree—some of the people of Israel—have been broken off. And you Gentiles, who were branches from a wild olive tree, have been grafted in. So now you also receive the blessing God has promised Abraham and his children, sharing in the rich nourishment from the root of God’s special olive tree. 18 But you must not brag about being grafted in to replace the branches that were broken off. You are just a branch, not the root.

God chose the Jewish people to send our Savior through & there by bless the world through, period. Jesus was Jewish! Does that mean they are all automatically going to heaven? NO! Like every one else, they have a choice to make.

The anti-Jewish mentality is scary though, because the bible also tells us that once the antichrist comes, his true intent is to destroy Israel and wipe them off the map.

Three things will last forever— faith, hope, and love— and the greatest of these is love.   1 Corinthians 13:13 

yovonna
by Member on Apr. 16, 2010 at 3:15 PM

HAVE her to show you in the bible where it is found she can never find it ... it is not in our bible.........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)