Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prostitute Question

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

I have a question what is your take or who do you think is the prostitute that is talked about in the book of revelation?

I'm not a devout bible studier but I love to discuss stories, theories etc with my husband especially. Well we are reading the whole Left Behind series and he was reading from revelation about the woman on the beast and the fall of Babylon (Revelation 17 and 18) and we were discussing it. Even before I married I had assumed or had my opinion that the great prostitute that is mentioned in Rev. was the Vatican. Well as we were talking my husband theorized and it came to him that the prostitute can also be America. I'm going to try my best to explain why we theorize this; my husband is way better at explaning but here goes.

Revelation 17 1-2: "... Come, I will show you the punishmnent of the great prostitute, who sits on many waters. With her the kings of the earth committed adultery and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries." Tell me what head of state or president from all the countries of the world has not associated, dealt with, etc with America? Every "king" (President etc.) has dealt with America wheather it be for politics, business, etc. The Inhabitants are drunk on America's adulteries the many freedoms that we have to do unGodly things. Case in point currently with this whole homosexulaity and marriage.

Rev. 17: 15 "The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages." What is America nicknamed? Aren't we called the melting pot of different nations of many languages?

In Rev 18 it tells about the woes that will be cried when Babylon falls. Back then Babylon was a place of business like a market per say. What is America? but a center of business! Rev 18:9 "When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke..." Don't all the leaders of the world somehow profit and lap in the luxury that the U.S. provides? Rev. 18:11 "The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes any more-" At present time doesn't America buy everything from different countries to supply to its people? Whether it be goods from China and food from different parts of the world? If America were to fall won't merchants and business suffer because their main buyer (America) would not be able to buy from them?

Rev 19:2 "He has condemned the great prostitue who corrupted the earth by her adulteries"  A lot of what is done to other countries in the format of changing their laws, culture, etc. has been done because they look to America to see what they have done. For example again since it is at present the most current event this whole  gay marriage if America were to pass the law to allow same sex marriage how many other countries would follow suit? Doesn't our laws and our culture effect all the different countries in this world? As much as they dislike us they see our "freedom" intoxicating and what that ability to choose and do what they want even if it is "ungodly and unethical". Don't we push and advertise freedom of speech, freedom do this or that and how many countries have passed laws and have passed democracy due to the example America has showed them?

There are a lot that goes into explaining I just did a quick cliff notes version. Not only that take in point this. John was shown these visions so in essence he saw the future and saw things that he couldn't comprehend, was shown places that did not exist back then. So this prostitute is portrayed as a women and what country has a woman that defines them? Of all the countries that I can think of couldn't the woman/prostitute that John saw in his visions be the statue of liberty? A symbol of America? The government/ and business of America I do not doubt have  backdoor dealings that are  not known pubicly so I wouldn't doubt that she is like a prostitute sleeping around get my drift? But I just was awwed that what if John did see the statue of liberty and that is the woman/prostitute he saw? Just something we were talking about an idea/theory what are yours? Or what do you think?

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I don't come on here much but was led to come here because I needed a copy of my HELL IS REAL as my word won't open it for some reason. On your question, I believe the Prostitute will be the final NWO or the revised Roman Empire as some call it. It won't be headed from Rome as many believe, I believe that the Muslims are already beginning their 'empire' in the middle east, making their Caliphate. But to be general, it will be the NWO, in whatever logistics that will entail over the 7 year trib.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)