Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Significance of 'TRUMPETS'

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2008 at 12:06 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 345 Total Views

God told Moses to make two silver trumpets. Numbers 10:1-10.

Num 10:1  
AND the LORD spoke to Moses, saying:
Num 10:2  
"Make two silver trumpets for yourself; you shall make them of hammered work; you shall use them for calling the congregation and for directing the movement of the camps.
Num 10:3  
"When they blow both of them, all the congregation shall gather before you at the door of the tabernacle of meeting.
Num 10:4  
"But if they blow only one, then the leaders, the heads of the divisions of Israel, shall gather to you.
Num 10:5  
"When you sound the advance, the camps that lie on the east side shall then begin their journey.
Num 10:6  
"When you sound the advance the second time, then the camps that lie on the south side shall begin their journey; they shall sound the call for them to begin their journeys.
Num 10:7  
"And when the assembly is to be gathered together, you shall blow, but not sound the advance.
Num 10:8  
"The sons of Aaron, the priests, shall blow the trumpets; and these shall be to you as an ordinance forever throughout your generations.
Num 10:9  
"When you go to war in your land against the enemy who oppresses you, then you shall sound an alarm with the trumpets, and you will be remembered before the LORD your God, and you will be saved from your enemies.
Num 10:10  
"Also in the day of your gladness, in your appointed feasts, and at the beginning of your months, you shall blow the trumpets over your burnt offerings and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings; and they shall be a memorial for you before your God: I am the LORD your God."

I read one page where the writer stated that it wasn't about the 'trumpet' itself; but the sound, it could also include a loud shout. We have to be able to distinguish which kinds and how many to know who's calling who. Remember Joshua & Jericho?

Joshua 6

The Destruction of Jericho

1 Now Jericho was securely shut up because of the children of Israel; none went out, and none came in. 2 And the LORD said to Joshua: “See! I have given Jericho into your hand, its king, and the mighty men of valor. 3 You shall march around the city, all you men of war; you shall go all around the city once. This you shall do six days. 4 And seven priests shall bear seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark. But the seventh day you shall march around the city seven times, and the priests shall blow the trumpets. 5 It shall come to pass, when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and when you hear the sound of the trumpet, that all the people shall shout with a great shout; then the wall of the city will fall down flat. And the people shall go up every man straight before him.”

The shouts and blasts of the horns (two) was an assembly of the angels from heaven to destroy the walls of Jericho.

The Bible has several shouts and many trumpets in the last days.

1 Thessalonians 4:

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

A shout & a trumpet is 'two' sounds, so is a calling or gathering together!!!! We are to meet at the door of the tabernacle, Jesus is our door!
Here's a link to more details on the trumptets for further 'digging'. Also gets into the Feast of Trumpets which will be another thread later.

The 7 Trumpets in the Revelation are calling the angels, they are one trump each. They aren't the 'assembly' trumpets for the calling of the saints.

http://www.bibleresearch.org/observancebook5/b5w57.html

by on Feb. 25, 2008 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Feb. 26, 2008 at 9:20 PM
The last Trumpets listed in Revelation are not the Trumpets which call us out or when we will be raptured. The last 7 trumpets will be just One Trump each, to call an angel to do their bidding.
When God calls an 'assembly' Two or more sounds will be heard. All goes back to the ordinances He gave Moses.

"It's not a 'debt' I owe" ~*~ "It''s a 'SEED' I sow!"

jenniferm
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 10:46 PM
How come I can understand such complex issues such as mercury toxicity, mitochondrial damage, etc. but when it comes to these things it seems like I am so lost? I grew up going to church all my life so why can't I grasp the messages that seem to be hidden in the Bible? It seems I always need it to be explained for me.
desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Apr. 19, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Quoting jenniferm:

How come I can understand such complex issues such as mercury toxicity, mitochondrial damage, etc. but when it comes to these things it seems like I am so lost? I grew up going to church all my life so why can't I grasp the messages that seem to be hidden in the Bible? It seems I always need it to be explained for me.

Hey, Jennifer, my girl, go back about 1 or 2 years, like me I know you didn't know everything back then about autism & the mercury thing either. Think about it. If we put as much effort into everything we do, including reading the Bible and learning His word it all comes in time and where we put our effort. I just have really concentrated on His word this year and He's shown me so much just because I seek & ask for answers! I ask and He's always faithful to show me. He's always there for all of us! Just waiting for us to talk to Him. We cannot learn it all in one day! Love you girlfriend!

"Our God is an Awesome God!"

jenniferm
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 11:32 PM
So it was not always easy for you to understand, you had to work at it too?
vicki1130
by on Sep. 5, 2008 at 3:01 PM

Everyone has to work at it... and it takes time to understand the significance in the OT rituals and feasts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)