Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*What is the Muslim 'Sharia Law'......Keep checking back as I will have updates!

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2008 at 8:13 PM
  • 37 Replies
  • 667 Total Views

We can 'love' the Muslim, BUT we cannot embrace 'Islam' the religion. It is the Mockery & Denial of God the Father, Son & Holy Spirit, denial of the cross. It is the spirit of the Anti-christ!

I found this website and it's EXCELLENT! Unbiased, very well researched with all factual material, presented in a very easy to understand format. If anyone has any ideas that Muslim is even close to Christianity take a close look. Also any of you that just don't know! I'm leaving any conclusions on your shoulders and you can draw your own conclusions, convictions or however the Holy Spirit darws you. I'm not going to influence your opinions! But am very anxious to hear what you think.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/08/top_ten_reasons_why_sharia_is.html

And just where are the Muslims in the world? They are in every country of the world, about 1 in 5 people in the world are Muslim. See link below for actual #'s & countries.

http://islam.about.com/library/weekly/aa120298.htm

* I have chosen to update this post and also have changed the title as I'm going to be writing some very detailed facts from my research on the Muslim religion. It's information very relative to today and we must be informed!

Sister in Christ ~*~Robin

by on Sep. 10, 2008 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheWarriorQueen
by Member on Sep. 12, 2008 at 10:24 AM

these people are crazy! we need to pray that god opens their eyes before it's too late for them.

desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Sep. 12, 2008 at 2:32 PM

One person who can give top notch information on the Muslims, Jihad and what it's all about is a man, Walid Shoebat. He's a converted Christian, ex-Jihad Muslim. Here's his site if you'd like more information on him. I'm adding his website to show that my research is all factual and that I'm not trying to lead you astray from anything I post here.

http://www.shoebat.com/

Walid Shoebat: Islam & Satan

desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Sep. 12, 2008 at 5:44 PM

A book on Islam....Intro from the author.....Rec'd death threats....

WILL ISLAM BE OUR FUTURE?

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/JR/Future/index.htm

Introduction

A Note From The Author

In writing this book, I have found myself in a difficult position for more than one reason.  On one hand, I would like to share with you the reader a little bit about myself – my experience with Christian/Muslim interfaith dialogue and the story of how I came to write this book.  On the other hand, I have with good reason, determined not only to use a pen name but also to share as little personal information as possible.

On any given day, I receive one or perhaps several e-mails from Muslim friends from all over the world.  Most of these e-mails are very nice and include personal information as well as portions of ongoing theological discussions that we are usually having.  This is a delight for me and I truly enjoy and value these friendships.  Unfortunately, not all of the e-mails that I receive are pleasant or friendly.  While the following e-mail was not the only death threat that I have received, it was this one in particular that caused me to begin practicing quite a bit more discretion in my interactions with Muslims in the context of interfaith dialogue.  (The portions in [brackets] I have added for clarity):

…Allahu Akhbar!!  [Allah is the greatest!!]  Yaaaa Allah!!  [Oh Allah!!]  I will chop off your head!  May Allah damn you and your whole family.  May you and your whole family all rot in hell forever.  I want you to know that all Muslims call upon Allah to damn you and put you in hell.  I will personally kill you.  I will personally kill your family.  You will die a very slow and painful death Inshallah [by the will of Allah].  Ameen, Ameen, Ameen [Amen, Amen…].  Allahu Akhbar!!  Allahu Akhbar!!  Yaaaa Allah!

It was not only the nature and the intensity of this threat that caused me to take it seriously, but also the perfect punctuation, spelling and sentence structure.  There were no indicators that this threat came from outside of the country. 

Now I have to admit, I have no idea specifically what motivated this particular threat.  I am not sure specifically what I said or did that incurred such a strong reaction.  Of course, when speaking with Muslims, my normal practice is to speak equally as straightforwardly about everyone’s need for a savior as most of my Muslim friends likewise speak very straightforwardly about our lack of a need for a savior.  Seems reasonable to me.  But apparently for this great sin, I received this threat to my life and to the life of my family.  While threats of this sort are certainly not uncommon in many parts of the world, it still amazes me that merely sharing my beliefs could incur such a strong reaction.  In any case, for obvious reasons, for the safety of myself and my family, I have chosen to remain anonymous with regard to this book.  I trust that you understand. 

heatkab
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 2:47 PM

The first article in the OP uses a unusual translation of the meaning of the Quran.

Sharia is law for Muslims only. Non- Muslims are not bound to Shariah law. Much like gentiles are not bound to Jewish law even if they live in a predominatly Jewish country.

from Council on Foreign Relations: http://www.cfr.org/publication/8034/

Are non-Muslims bound by personal status sharia courts?

Generally speaking, no. Minorities in Muslim nations are generally governed under separate personal-status laws reflecting their own traditions, experts say. In Egypt, for example, Coptic Christians marry under Christian law, and foreigners marry under the laws of their countries of origin, Brown says. Criminal law, which is generally no longer based on sharia, applies to both foreigners and citizens

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white - except by piety and good action" from the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) last sermon.

desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Feb. 27, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Quote:

Quoting heatkab:

The first article in the OP uses a unusual translation of the meaning of the Quran.

Sharia is law for Muslims only. Non- Muslims are not bound to Shariah law. Much like gentiles are not bound to Jewish law even if they live in a predominatly Jewish country.

Generally speaking, no. Minorities in Muslim nations are generally governed under separate personal-status laws reflecting their own traditions, experts say. In Egypt, for example, Coptic Christians marry under Christian law, and foreigners marry under the laws of their countries of origin, Brown says. Criminal law, which is generally no longer based on sharia, applies to both foreigners and citizens

I'm sorry but your understanding of your faith is distorted from what's happening in the world. They will make you practice it or you die. It's a very forceful religion, you have no choices, which God has given us all freedom of choice.

Taliban Truce: Sharia Law To Be Imposed

5:13pm UK, Saturday February 21, 2009

Taliban fighters have agreed to a "permanent ceasefire" in exchange for strict Islamic law in a northwestern area of Pakistan.

*****************************************************************************************

What is sharia law?

Last Updated: 11:54PM GMT 18 Feb 2006

Sharia law is "the path that must be followed by a Muslim".

It brings together elements from the Koran and the Hadith (a collection of the deeds and words of Mohammed), plus judges' rulings from Islam's first centuries. It was fixed by about the 10th century, and contains detailed instructions for practically every aspect of life.

In the West, it is most famous for its penal code: the prescribed punishments for sexual offences, which include stoning; for theft, which include amputation; and for apostasy, for which the punishment is death.

Much more important for most Muslims, however, are the parts of sharia that relate to the status of women, to contracts and to family law.

These include provisions that allow men several wives and that enshrine, in law, the inferiority of women.

Women can be divorced merely by their husbands reciting "I divorce you" three times; their testimony is worth less than that of men; and they cannot marry a non-Muslim man - although it is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman.

It is parts of sharia such as these that come into immediate conflict with Britain's secular law, which is committed to treating all citizens equally. But it is those provisions which Muslim clerics most want to cordon off from any secular influence.

****************************************************************************************

Read entire text below here:

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/543869.aspx

Sharia Law: Tearing the West in Two

By Gary Lane
CBN News
February 22, 2009

CBNNews.com - Sharia, or Islamic law, is gradually working its way into public life in Islamic and non-Islamic nations around the world.

What is it and what does sharia mean for Christians and others forced to abide by it?

desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Feb. 27, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Muslims do not honor the Ten Commandments. The main one being 'thou shall not kill'................(click on stories below)

Prominent Orchard Park man charged with beheading his wife

Muslim 'Honor Killing' American Style

Gr8ful_4_Mercy
by Member on Feb. 27, 2009 at 9:46 AM

As a born again Christian I have read the Qu'ran and personally own a copy.  However, the things covered under Sharia Law are Loosely referred to in the Qu'ran but the specifics come from the Mullahs.  The Qu'ran teaches specifically that "people of the the book" as it refers to the followers of Christ, "are to be considered as brothers."  This was the original intent of the writers of the Qu'ran.  The Jewish people were looked upon with disdain but true followers of Jusus of Nazarithe were not to be killed but treated as brethern.  Fast forward some years and the actions of the Catholic Church during the Crusades and the betrayal of Mohammed by the Pope in the midst of a battle hoping to wipe Mohammed out caused a deep hatred of the Catholic church among Muslims.  Since the Catholic Church refers to itself as the "christian church" and has all sort of secret societies, we the Protestants and Evangelicals are patakers in their vengeance.  So the only way to truly understand what is going on is to understand your history.  If not, we are destined to repeat it.  Now Islam in its pure form taken directly from the Qu'ran is largely a religion of peace, "that does not mean it is correct since Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life---John 14:6 but much like the Apostles would be aghast at what happens in the church today, the founders of Islam would be appalled at what their religion has become. 

Having said this...I despise the lie that says that Muslim religion is all about peace.  Perhaps once that was so, but now- it can't be proved. If the Muslim religion is supposed to be so full of peace.still...one question....why are so many Christians being beaten, killed, starved, and made homeless?  Have you ever read Voice of the Martyrs.....these are not just isolated incidences but the mainstream.  Where Muslims rule, Christian die.  It's a fact..

Islam has left its roots, though flawed to become a morph of what it once was....much like some Christian churches have forgotten that we are saved by grace not by works...A lie that was created in the pits of hell and has been bought hook, line and sinker by too many good Moral, people.

Our circumstances should not affect our worship; but our worship should affect our circumstances

Acts 16:25-26....And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God:  and the prisoners heard them.  And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken:  and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

Ilovejonathan01
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 9:55 AM

I can not read all of this right now, but I will be back to read it. I live near a Islamic/Muslim temple, place or whatever you call it and one of my preachers actually went and talked to the leader there, he was very blunt in what they believe in like you have to embrace the Quran or there is no need for you (of course I am paraphrasing) but that is more or less what he said. You know the people around the town seem nice enough, I wish they didn't but they do make me feel uncomfortable, especially if they are dressed in full, with turbans and all and the women covered, that kind of offends me, when I see the guys in shorts or short sleeves and the women covered, I want to go to them and tell them (the guys) that their body is offending me, maybe they should cover it. Anyways getting off the subject. Well kind of I mean they do not treat women equal. I am going to contact that preacher and see if I can get a tape of that sermon, the police came and wanted him to wear a bullet proof vest during the sermon, the news came, protesters came, and I believe the church is still on some kind of list of theirs (the muslims). Anyways I will be checking back soon, because most of what I know about Muslims I have heard from him or from Tv so I am anxious to read this, thanks for posting it.

May God Bless The USA & May God Bless Israel

Gr8ful_4_Mercy
by Member on Feb. 27, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I definitely agree about the inequality....it makes me angry to see the woman all covered up in 90 to 100 degree heat while the man walks around free as a bird.  In an interview with Muslim students they said that they can't control their sexual urges that is why their women stay covered.  Sounds like BS to me, but what do I know. . Maybe they do have the restaint of a gnat.

Quoting Ilovejonathan01:

I can not read all of this right now, but I will be back to read it. I live near a Islamic/Muslim temple, place or whatever you call it and one of my preachers actually went and talked to the leader there, he was very blunt in what they believe in like you have to embrace the Quran or there is no need for you (of course I am paraphrasing) but that is more or less what he said. You know the people around the town seem nice enough, I wish they didn't but they do make me feel uncomfortable, especially if they are dressed in full, with turbans and all and the women covered, that kind of offends me, when I see the guys in shorts or short sleeves and the women covered, I want to go to them and tell them (the guys) that their body is offending me, maybe they should cover it. Anyways getting off the subject. Well kind of I mean they do not treat women equal. I am going to contact that preacher and see if I can get a tape of that sermon, the police came and wanted him to wear a bullet proof vest during the sermon, the news came, protesters came, and I believe the church is still on some kind of list of theirs (the muslims). Anyways I will be checking back soon, because most of what I know about Muslims I have heard from him or from Tv so I am anxious to read this, thanks for posting it.

heatkab
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Quoting desertrat4evr:

Quote:

Quoting heatkab:

I'm sorry but your understanding of your faith is distorted from what's happening in the world. They will make you practice it or you die. It's a very forceful religion, you have no choices, which God has given us all freedom of choice.

Taliban Truce: Sharia Law To Be Imposed

5:13pm UK, Saturday February 21, 2009

Taliban fighters have agreed to a "permanent ceasefire" in exchange for strict Islamic law in a northwestern area of Pakistan.

*****************************************************************************************

What is sharia law?

Last Updated: 11:54PM GMT 18 Feb 2006

Sharia law is "the path that must be followed by a Muslim".

It brings together elements from the Koran and the Hadith (a collection of the deeds and words of Mohammed), plus judges' rulings from Islam's first centuries. It was fixed by about the 10th century, and contains detailed instructions for practically every aspect of life.

In the West, it is most famous for its penal code: the prescribed punishments for sexual offences, which include stoning; for theft, which include amputation; and for apostasy, for which the punishment is death.

Much more important for most Muslims, however, are the parts of sharia that relate to the status of women, to contracts and to family law.

These include provisions that allow men several wives and that enshrine, in law, the inferiority of women.

Women can be divorced merely by their husbands reciting "I divorce you" three times; their testimony is worth less than that of men; and they cannot marry a non-Muslim man - although it is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman.

It is parts of sharia such as these that come into immediate conflict with Britain's secular law, which is committed to treating all citizens equally. But it is those provisions which Muslim clerics most want to cordon off from any secular influence.

****************************************************************************************

Read entire text below here:

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/543869.aspx

Sharia Law: Tearing the West in Two

By Gary Lane
CBN News
February 22, 2009

CBNNews.com - Sharia, or Islamic law, is gradually working its way into public life in Islamic and non-Islamic nations around the world.

What is it and what does sharia mean for Christians and others forced to abide by it?

Who is being forced to abide by it? Even in Muslim countries minority religiouns have their own courts. Your source says "Shariah law is the path that must be followed by a Muslim."

If I have a question about Islam I ask a Muslim. I can not understand going to a Christian site to obtain an answer about the Muslim faith. I do not see the logic in asking a non-Christian about Christianity. what is the logic in asking a Christian how Islam works?  

As one of the Christians here has done, I recommend reading from the faith itself. You don't have to agree with something to learn about it. By the way Nonie Darwish is not a scholar of Islam nor has she ever practiced Islam, she did however attend a Catholic high school in Egypt. Using her concept of Islam to understand Islam is like me asking a "Christian" who has never gone to church about Christianity.

As for the Indonesian Christian girls who cover their head, beside it not being Islamic law for non Muslims to cover their head (civil law same as in Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan), there is a verse in Corinthians that says Christian women should. Greek Orthodox still do. 

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white - except by piety and good action" from the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) last sermon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN