Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*YHWH True Name of our Creator!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2008 at 3:08 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 501 Total Views

Many ask 'what should I call God' or 'does God care what He's called?' Absolutely! Every person in the bible who's somebody has a real meaning behind their name. A name is destiny, promise & fulfillment. YHWH with vowels added, YAHWEH, translated to I AM WHO I AM. This is the true name of God!

Here's a link for all the info:

http://www.hiscovenantministries.org/yhwh.htm

praying"Our Father YHWH who art in Heaven, Holy be your name, thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven!" Amen.

by on Sep. 25, 2008 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jolie.halsey
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 7:42 AM

I read you post and I agree on the important in the name of our creator, but when I went to the link that you referenced, you referenced you give honor to the name of Jesus.  If you truly believe that honoring the true name of our Creator is important, shouldn't you feel the same the Meschiach/ Messiah, Yahushua?

desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Oct. 22, 2008 at 10:55 PM

The main idea here I was showing is that YHWH is the 'name' of God. He's the I AM. All the other names of God are 'adjectives' and attributes of God which show His many titles or characteristics. Allah, for example, is an adjective word which means 'lofty one' or 'heavenly one'. We must know who 'our' God is and think of Him so. When Moses asked God His name & what to call Him God responded with "I AM WHO I AM". The one God, the only God.

Exodus 3:14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” 15 Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’

I don't undermine the divinity of Jesus, however his Name is Jesus, His worldly name and His titles are many likewise. Yeshuah is an name He holds as the 'Messiah' or savior. He's also the 'King of Kings and the Lord of Lords'. He is also the 'Word'.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)