• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Truth about Islam from a Muslim woman...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:52 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 582 Total Views

I have come across this forum and see a lot of completely fabricated and incorrect information on Islam.

If you would truly like to know the differences between Islam and Christianity please ask me. I will leave myself a member of this group for as long as the GO and admins will allow.

I was raised Independent Fundamental Baptist, I am now a practicing Muslim.

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white - except by piety and good action" from the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) last sermon.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Feb. 14, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Thanx for being so bold and I welcome you as long as you wish to stay. I will treat you with all the respect I would treat anyone else. I don't judge you for your faith and it will be interesting to communicate our views.

First of all I'd like to know why you changed faiths.

Then you can make your case on what you feel are false or fabricated or incorrect information. In your statement did you mean statements just in my group?

Let's try and keep our discussions in this one post. Other's besides myself may also be intrigued by your faith and may have questions also. We will keep things respectful or I'll have to close the post and we can then message each other.

Does this work for you?

Robin (Group Owner)

heatkab
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Quoting desertrat4evr:

Thanx for being so bold and I welcome you as long as you wish to stay. I will treat you with all the respect I would treat anyone else. I don't judge you for your faith and it will be interesting to communicate our views.

First of all I'd like to know why you changed faiths.

Then you can make your case on what you feel are false or fabricated or incorrect information. In your statement did you mean statements just in my group?

Let's try and keep our discussions in this one post. Other's besides myself may also be intrigued by your faith and may have questions also. We will keep things respectful or I'll have to close the post and we can then message each other.

Does this work for you?

Robin (Group Owner)

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am about to head to bed but God willing I will be back tomorrow to adequately answer your questions.

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white - except by piety and good action" from the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) last sermon.

wilswife
by Member on Feb. 18, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Hello and welcome to the group i look forward to hearing from you bow down

desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Feb. 21, 2009 at 3:09 AM

Well, my first question as I stated above is "Why did you change your faith?"

heatkab
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Quoting desertrat4evr:

Well, my first question as I stated above is "Why did you change your faith?"

I started studying Christianity from the historical perspective and came across answers that most pastors weren't willing to give me regarding questions of the Trinity and divinity of Jesus (peace be upon him). I was raised Independent Fundamental Baptist, Sunday school, morning service, evening service, Awana, VBS and a kids club on Fridays in elementary school that I left school for (for whatever reason the name escapes me now but we are talking 20 years ago). My parents are both still Sunday school teachers, my father is still a deacon and my mother still coordinates childrens church. I don't feel I changed my faith as I have always had faith in the God of Abraham but I do feel I have found the answers to questions no one was willing to answer. I am what I always have been, but now I have a name for it. It took 7 years of searching as an adult to get the answers I prayed for. I attended many churches, synagogue and a mosque during that time. I could not convert to Judaism because I do believe Jesus is the Messiah and I do believe in his second coming. Even Gnostic Christianity didn't answer all the questions I had. I never thought I would agree with anything Islam had to say but when I read the Quran my questions were answered.

heatkab
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Interfaith dialogue is vital in todays society. I think it is important to converse with people of other religions to prevent the perpetuation of stereotypes on my faiths account and their faiths account. Who better for us all to learn from than those who practice the faith(s) we have questions about?

wilswife
by Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 8:42 PM

that is really amazing,  i know sis. robin G.O. is really busy but she will get back w/ you soon,  im curious,  how do you and your parents get along now?  im stumbling over what i want to ask LOL,   i think im curious of how the original church responded to your questions, do you think they just didnt know, or did they think you were missing it by wanting to know?  i ask cause i like those kinda questions, i'm sorry the church didnt have those answeres for you though,  i think some gifts are rejected by some leaders, you kinda remind me of how i think of things.   i look forward to talking more w/ you.  :)

desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Feb. 27, 2009 at 4:43 AM

Yes, I'm curious also about the questions you had that could not be answered.

Also how can you be a true Muslim because the Quran specifically denies the the crucifiction of Christ, the blood redemtion and they also don't believe He was God incarnate or the Son of God.

Muslims also believe that you have to earn your way to salvation, and they don't believe that all are sinners, on the other hand Christians, by believing and accepting in Christ we receive our salvation 'free' thru grace.

Also, Muslims believe that Mohammed was the 'last' prophet to fulfill God's laws or wishes which kinda is the reverse of what Jesus teaches. Jesus came that we should remember to 'turn the other cheek', 'love our neighbor', & 'love our enemy'. Jesus didn't come to fight battles like Mohammed did. Mohammed fought for lands and made people convert to Muslim. Read the history books. Jesus was peaceful, healed the sick & raised the dead, performed miracles. The bible teaches for husbands to love their wives as Christ loved the church. Mohammed didn't do this. If you read your Bible it's very clear that the Bible is complete thru out. God's plan was for our redemption for salvation and that was complete in the blood of Christ. Muslims believe that Jesus spoke of 'sending another' after Him and this was in reference to the Holy Spirit, NOT Mohammed as the Muslims interpret it.

Also if Muslims are prohibited to read the Bible, it's a sin, then how can they pick scripture out of it for their defense? Technically if you study your Bible & History, the Muslims are descendants of Ishmael. And Ishmael being a son of Abraham makes him Hebrew also. But because he and his mother were sent away and they practiced other religions in different lands, as the centuries went on they were influenced by the Muslim movement which started in the 600's and so this is how things came to pass over time.

I just cannot accept Islam because it contradicts too much of what the 'word', the God inspired Bible teaches. God's word is the same yesterday, today & forever. Nothing changes. Mohammed's book changed too much. Just like the Mormons and the JW's book did.

Matthew 7:

I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

heatkab
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Quoting wilswife:

that is really amazing,  i know sis. robin G.O. is really busy but she will get back w/ you soon,  im curious,  how do you and your parents get along now?  im stumbling over what i want to ask LOL,   i think im curious of how the original church responded to your questions, do you think they just didnt know, or did they think you were missing it by wanting to know?  i ask cause i like those kinda questions, i'm sorry the church didnt have those answeres for you though,  i think some gifts are rejected by some leaders, you kinda remind me of how i think of things.   i look forward to talking more w/ you.  :)

Thank you for your welcome. I love interfaith dialogue. There are so many misconceptions because everyone thinks everyone else is "evil" so a lot of people are afraid to ask someone outside their faith about a different religion.

heatkab
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Quoting desertrat4evr:

Yes, I'm curious also about the questions you had that could not be answered.

Also how can you be a true Muslim because the Quran specifically denies the the crucifiction of Christ, the blood redemtion and they also don't believe He was God incarnate or the Son of God. This is my major issue with Christianity. I do not believe in the Trinity. After a long study of the 1st council of Nicea and how the concept of the trinity came about (not to mention conflicting Biblical verses) I reconciled this and sought a different path to God.

Muslims also believe that you have to earn your way to salvation, NOT TRUE and they don't believe that all are sinners NOT TRUE, on the other hand Christians, by believing and accepting in Christ we receive our salvation 'free' thru grace.

Also, Muslims believe that Mohammed was the 'last' prophet to fulfill God's laws or wishes which kinda is the reverse of what Jesus teaches. Jesus came that we should remember to 'turn the other cheek' Islam teaches this as well, 'love our neighbor' Islam teaches this as well, & 'love our enemy'Islam teaches this as well. Jesus didn't come to fight battles like Mohammed did. Mohammed fought for lands and made people convert to Muslim. There is no compulsion in Islam. We do not force conversion, nor do we prosetylize. Read the history books. Jesus was peaceful, healed the sick & raised the dead, performed miracles. The bible teaches for husbands to love their wives as Christ loved the church. Mohammed didn't do this. Muhammed did: wives, mothers and women are the CORNERSTONE of Islam. If you read your Bible it's very clear that the Bible is complete thru out. God's plan was for our redemption for salvation and that was complete in the blood of Christ. Muslims believe that Jesus spoke of 'sending another' after Him and this was in reference to the Holy Spirit, Did the holy spirit speak words that are not his own? Deut. 18:18 NOT Mohammed as the Muslims interpret it.

Also if Muslims are prohibited to read the Bible, We aren't prohibited from reading the Bible it's a sin, Nor is doing so a sin then how can they pick scripture out of it for their defense? Technically if you study your Bible & History, the Muslims are descendants of Ishmael. And Ishmael being a son of Abraham makes him Hebrew also. But because he and his mother were sent away and they practiced other religions in different lands, as the centuries went on they were influenced by the Muslim movement which started in the 600's and so this is how things came to pass over time. That in no way negates them as the sons of Abraham.

I just cannot accept Islam because it contradicts too much of what the 'word', the God inspired Bible teaches. God's word is the same yesterday, today & forever. Nothing changes. Mohammed's book changed too much. Just like the Mormons and the JW's book did.

Matthew 7:

I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Will be back with Quran references after prayer at the mosque. Have a good day ladies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)