Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question???

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:00 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 261 Total Views

does anyone have any idea what a "frog" might be symbolic of? 

like golden calf=symbolic of wealth perhaps greed,

i was looking at the 10 plagues of egypt,  other then being everywhere, slimyish, and overwhelming number, nothing else is clicking yet.  i thaught i heard they were worshiped, but not sure,  i know Pharoah would worship the nile river, hence kinda funny it was the sorce of his 1st 2 plagues,

Ex. chapter 8 and these scriptures is only refernce to frog i found

Psa 78:45

He sent divers sorts of flies among them, which devoured them; and frogs, which destroyed them.

Psa 105:30

Their land brought forth frogs in abundance, in the chambers of their kings.

Rev 16:13

And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Mar. 11, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Quote:

Rev 16:13

And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

I think in reference to this scripture, the term frogs just symbolizes 'descruction' in itself. It may have a reflection of the frogs in the OT and destruction that was hitting the land of Egypt.

The 3 'unclean spirits' came out of their mouths 'like frogs', it was VERY intense once they emerged from satan's trinity. They were all working destructive words and works, all at once, in agreement so to say.

That's how I intrepret this scripture. It was really bad! 3 times bad! 

Gr8ful_4_Mercy
by Member on Mar. 12, 2009 at 2:39 PM

I heard one Bible Scholar give this view point but I don't know....He suggested that it could be an ambassador visiting different areas under the 1/4th rule of the Anti christ.  Plane jumping from area to area could look like the frog jumping?  I don't know.  What deserat said sounds lika as good a guess as any.  Great question!

Our circumstances should not affect our worship; but our worship should affect our circumstances

Acts 16:25-26....And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God:  and the prisoners heard them.  And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken:  and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)