Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Religion or Conviction.....

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 4:50 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 1184 Total Views

Religion will phase out when things get tough.  Convictions will stand up and say with a grin, "Bring it on!"

Too many times we as Christians believe that because we believe or hold to something that another doesn't it makes us more holy.  We are told that our righteousness is but filthy rags.  I believe that if I have a conviction it will be a part of me not something that I wave in everybody elses face wanting to know why it's not theirs as well.  We have too much religion running around in our churches today and not enough conviction.  Our conscience has been seared with a hot iron and we no longer feel the rebuke of the Holy Spirit.

I love America, I would die for her!!!!!  Literally-I would fight to the death for what she once was.  Today though, she is more like a whore laying in wait for the next man to come have their way with her.  She has rejected the truth and decided to walk in her own way.  She has taken the wealth bestowed on her by God Almighty and given it to her lovers-which are many.  She has played the harlot and deserves whatever judgement God in His Holiness metes out to her.

The Children of Israel carried so many false idols into the sanctuary.  They entered Gods House (Solomons Temple)worshiped the Sun God thereby turning their back on the Holy of Holies which was on the West side.  God departed long before the destruction and the Priest, Israelites, those entering the sanctuary never even knew it.  Those who should have noticed the absence first never even suspected.  Now we in America have our churches but don't know that for the most part- God has departed from them.  He is far from us and we don't even know.  Those who are pastors, church goers- don't even know.  Holy of Holies was where God once dwelt til Calvary and then through the Blood of His Son He was able to dwell in us.  Humanity?  Wow, how awesome, but we have polluted the Temple built by God just as the Temple built by man was polluted.  With our idols and religion...Yes there is a difference between Religion and Redemption.  What do you think?

Our circumstances should not affect our worship; but our worship should affect our circumstances

Acts 16:25-26....And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God:  and the prisoners heard them.  And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken:  and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Apr. 24, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Absolutely! I agree, there are many good people in churches but we've got a long way to go or grow I should say. I also feel that people have lost the reverence for God. He's been pushed around, shoved out, been accused & abused for too long. We've forgotten to fall on our faces in His presence. Where's our humility for our God, Our Creator, the one who shows grace & mercy.....our knowledge of God has made us very arrogant & prideful.

We all have our own 'opinions' or interpretations or even 'feelings' on what should be right but do we consider what IS right in God's eyes? What are His laws and what He has to say.

As for 'CONVICTION', many don't even know what that word means....being convicted means that your mind & heart are FIXED, TOTALLY on your beliefs. Unstaggering, unswaying, belief. In order to know you are convicted on something you must be totally in agreement with something. In order to be totally in agreement with God one not only needs Christ but also must know what Christ stands for. The means to do this is staying in the 'word'! Without God's word one is a ship being tossed in the sea. God's word is our anchor! We can be fixed and convicted with God's promises in His word. God CANNOT break His promises.

Here are just a few of His promises for starters:

http://www.smilegodlovesyou.org/promises.html

yovonna
by Member on Sep. 5, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Thank you this is what I believe also we have let ungodly people to use our money to promote there ungodly programs.  As I read the bible The bible is right again ....... I am glad we have HIS word to keep us on the right path........ very good post we need more ........ we are to look up because JESUS is coming soon..... ..landscape.jpg Christian image by tcrystaldreams6

backroadsmom
by Member on Sep. 5, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Three things will last forever— faith, hope, and love— and the greatest of these is love.   1 Corinthians 13:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)