Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dagon fish god - pagan idolatry is in our churches

Posted by on May. 2, 2009 at 5:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 1276 Total Views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-WOZCPWkwc

DAGON

1 Samuel 5 2-7

2 They carried the Ark of God into the temple of Dagon and placed it beside an idol of Dagon. 3 But when the citizens of Ashdod went to see it the next morning, Dagon had fallen with his face to the ground in front of the Ark of the Lord! So they took Dagon and put him in his place again. 4 But the next morning the same thing happened-Dagon had fallen face down before the Ark of the Lord again. This time his head and hands had broken off and were lying in the doorway. Only the trunk of his body was left intact. 5 That is why to this day neither the priests of Dagon nor anyone who enters the temple of Dagon in Ashdod will step on its threshold.

6 Then the Lord's heavy hand struck the people of Ashdod and the nearby villages with a plague of tumors.[a] 7 When the people realized what was happening, they cried out, "We can't keep the Ark of the God of Israel here any longer! He is against us! We will all be destroyed along with Dagon, our god."

Dagon the pantheon - Head god of the Philistines (linked with Palestine).  Philistines in Hebrew is ‘invaders'

It is connected to the ‘sea festival'

Dagon comes from the fish god tradition

Dagon in Hebrew called dag/dag in the shape of a fish (Christian symbol!!)

FILM CALLED DAGON

Dagon is a 2001 horror movie directed by Stuart Gordon and written by Dennis Paoli. Despite the title, the plot is actually based on H. P. Lovecraft's novella The Shadow Over Innsmouth (1932) rather than his earlier short story titled Dagon (1919).

[edit] Plot

Two young American tourists, Barbara and Paul, seek help in a small town called Imboca on the coast of Galicia in Spain after their boat becomes shipwrecked. However, the inhabitants turn out to be far from friendly, and, as they discover, not even human, apart from a drunken tramp named Ezequiel. This latter (played by veteran Spanish actor Francisco Rabal - in what turned out to be his last role), tells Paul how the denizens of the town have overthrown Christianity in favour of the fish god Dagon, who has brought them wealth from the sea. Since that time they have mutated into fish-like forms and are in obedience to the beautiful mermaid-like Uxia. Eerily she has appeared to Paul in his dreams even before they meet and she saves him from being murdered by the locals. However, her plans for him, and for Barbara, unleash horror beyond all imagination.

Greek version and Latin Vulgate read tumors; and rats appeared in their land, and death and destruction were throughout the city.

by on May. 2, 2009 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wilswife
by Member on May. 2, 2009 at 10:42 PM

ya know i never had the desire to get that on my car, or necklace thank you Jesus,  My Children are destroyed for lack of knowledge is so true,

Shofargirl46
by on May. 3, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Yes it is so strange isn't it.  I remembered last night the church I used to go to had that symbol in it and I wanted to get rid of it too.  About a year ago I was talking to a christian friend, and we both were discussing about this sign not really knowing, so it is really coming out in the open now.  This was revealed by the Lord just the other day through another lady christian because she has a message to give the church.

Blessings sonja love jacqui xx

Fuette
by on May. 3, 2009 at 1:53 PM

It really amazes me how many pagan symbols are used in the Christian faith, and how many Christians are unaware.  I am even considering not celebrating Easter because of it's roots in paganism, and celebrating Passover instead.

desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on May. 6, 2009 at 1:07 AM

You know this fish symbol doesn't bother me half as much as the Budahs, statues of Mary & dragons and such in their homes. surprise miniAnd what about all the one's practicing Halloween????

Shofargirl46
by on May. 6, 2009 at 9:56 AM

This is a warning from God to the churches and to those that attend churches.  The pagans do not know the difference they do not know God but christians know the truth yet let a lie be part of the truth which means the truth will not shine.  In Gods eyes it was so severe as in 1 Samuel 5 that even the pagan people knew the holiness because of the tumors that broke out and got rid of it.  So should christians today, you can't mix the two together knowing the truth.  Truly God says that the House of God will be judged first because they know the truth yet don't live it.

yovonna
by Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:40 AM
                                                                                                                                     I found this on dagon  it is a fish man read this for more information please........ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagon
mamagoose524
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Fascinating.  Thanks for sharing this.  I've always been bothered by the fish symbol too.

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children."--Hosea 4:6 NASB

mamagoose524
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Quoting Fuette:

It really amazes me how many pagan symbols are used in the Christian faith, and how many Christians are unaware.  I am even considering not celebrating Easter because of it's roots in paganism, and celebrating Passover instead.

Our church celebrates "Resurrection Sunday" rather than Easter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN