Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On my knees in the bookshop

Posted by on May. 10, 2009 at 4:21 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 251 Total Views
I went to spend a voucher a friend gave me and decided whilst I was in town I would go to the local bookshop because I knew I could spend the voucher there.  I decided I would like a new bible.  Well I hunted up and down the ailes for over half and hour.  I was a little tired as I had already had two appointments but I was determined to treat myself to something which is quite rare.

I went right through the store several times.  At one point I was a little concerned in case they thought I was loitering.  I walked past the fiction, the sports, the computers, educational section, the cooking section.  I looked at the notebooks, the childrens section and eventually after searching high and low I found the spiritual section.  It was only when I went on my knees I found the Holy Bible.  They were tucked where you could not see them, there was less than half a dozen.  I bought two of them, different versions I have a feeling someone might need one so it is there just in case.

What struck me was I had to search high and low to find it and yes then go on my knees on the spiritual section to find the Truth.

I have been in my travels in life on many spiritual journeys through different ways to find the Truth and yes it is on bended knees to Jesus we find it.  The Holy Bible.  There are many books today called the bible.  The cooking bible etc.... but there on my knees I found the Holy Bible.

God bless love jacqui xx

--
Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

by on May. 10, 2009 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
yovonna
by Member on May. 10, 2009 at 6:40 PM

we get news letters from many Christan book stores and they have good bargains .. I got my new bible for half off..  see if any of these are in your town and get on there mailing list I also get there news letter on the PC...  http://www.ask.com/web?qsrc=178&o=8101&l=dir&dm=&q=christan%20bookstores  they will help you with picking out bibles  king James is the best... Scofieldhear is free bible on the PC http://www.blueletterbible.org/index.cfm you can listen while you read it is great and many versions you might like this www.bbnradio.org  they have free bible study and chat  check it out....    the bible is now a band book in most stores... they want to get rid of JESUS... but I love HIM 

momtoeight
by Member on May. 10, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Thank you for posting this.  How wonderful and true.

Becky (momtoeight) smilebig smile minismilesmilebig smile minibig smile minibig smile minibig smile miniangel

wilswife
by Member on May. 10, 2009 at 11:34 PM

that is a beautiful illistration, thank you for sharing :)

Shofargirl46
by on May. 11, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Blessings sisters, I didn't realise the analogy until later on in the evening and then thought I would share this little nugget.

johnsmom100
by Member on May. 12, 2009 at 8:31 AM
absolutly-----but lets look at it another way as well---We have to look EVERY WHERE for books and Bibles on our Lord----They are nowhere to be found-----years ago you had Bible books stores--NOT anymore--well maybe but they are full of TRASH---New Age Stuff--Anti-Christian..My 1st thought was how you had to "LOOK" for te WORD of God--- Yes!!! The only way to find HIM is on our knees---but for the world looking they shouldn't have it should be right there to find----NO ONE WANTS IT__THAT"S WHY IT IS HIDDEN-----Praise be to God for the ones who do!!!!!
catherine595
by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 1:55 PM

On the bible study listed on the web site you suggested is it all free. I went to it. It sounds very interesting to learn more of the bible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)