Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'The Bible' the Complete book of Instruction from God

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:44 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 344 Total Views

I always heard that any and all instruction a person would need concerning ANY category or situation of life could be answered with the 'scripture'. I also at this time couldn't agree with that statement because I hadn't really read all the Bible and was only familiar with the New Testament, mostly.

It wasn't until I began reading the Old Testament, with much interest that I've come to truly understand now that this statement is true. God did not leave us hanging to figure anything out for ourselves...He gave the true answer for all things in His 'word'.

I would like to begin this forum by sharing pertinent stories, OT & NT, individuals of the Bible and just what exactly God says about life and how we should be living as believers. Please feel free to share scripture that has shown you something that has changed your life, has answered your situations or built up your faith.

I hope this section will be real faith builders for ALL of us and that we come to a complete understanding of 'who' our God is! Also maybe we can show or help explain the persons of God and show how the 'trinity' exists.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PinkBugz
by New Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM

amen. I have just found out about the information in the old testament and how helpful it is. it does cover all points in life. However I don't completely understand the trinity yet also . So I am hopeing someone could explain that.

desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Jun. 26, 2009 at 4:27 AM

I know this concept is hard for many to understand....Ionce heard it explained this way....the Trinity is like an EGG. The egg shell, the egg white and the egg yolk. Each is a part of the egg, each having slightly different characteristics but all the same it's all an egg. God is Holy, The Father God is holy & complete, the Son, Jesus is holy and complete, the Holy Spirit is holy & complete. They are all God just as all parts of an egg make an egg, the three parts of God make up God.

There is just one God, however He has given us a 'piece' of Himself so to say in so many words, as gifts of LOVE for our redemption and our walk with Him. Does that kinda help?

Quoting PinkBugz:

amen. I have just found out about the information in the old testament and how helpful it is. it does cover all points in life. However I don't completely understand the trinity yet also . So I am hopeing someone could explain that.

yovonna
by Member on Sep. 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM

your right on this thank you for the drawing ....... I have a better understanding when I can see a drawing........ I am keeping this in my files for latter use.......... GOD is so much bigger than we believe HE is .......... I love studying types of JESUS the FATHER AND HOLY SPRIT..... The LORD is so great   .............................. 

backroadsmom
by Member on Sep. 14, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Cool Post! clapping

Three things will last forever— faith, hope, and love— and the greatest of these is love.   1 Corinthians 13:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)