Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a goal? A vision? (piog from A NEW THING MINISTRIES)

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:10 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 216 Total Views

Do You Have a Goal?  A Vision?

A few weeks ago I had a conversation with my daughter about goals.  During our conversation she asked if I had a goal concerning work.  I replied that I was content with working with the ministry and it kept me busy each day, just as it is.  But that conversation caused me to think about a lot of things.
I have always been a goal-oriented person.  I press toward the mark and when I hit that mark, I press toward a new mark.  Yet, for some reason for the past year, I have not set a new goal.  I have simply been working for A New Thing Ministries and stayed busy with the day to day duties. 
I think sometimes life causes us to lay down our dreams for a while and simply make it through the days.  Perhaps that is what happened to me and God was using my daughter to wake me up from my slumber. 
I believe we should dream big!  I believe all things are possible with God.  And I don't believe we should ever become complacent or stop pressing toward new goals.  I don't believe we should ever lay down our dreams - that is exactly what the enemy is counting on.  The other day I heard a statement that said 'don't lay down your dream in the presence of your enemy.'  I love that.
Never let the enemy believe that you are giving up on your dream, or laying it down.  That dream, even if you haven't yet seen it come to pass, is still alive on the inside of you.  Don't lay it down, instead ask God to revive it, to refuel it.
My daughter is right; we must have a goal, a purpose, and a vision.  Proverbs 29:18 says without a vision the people perish.  People who have no vision have no goal or purpose - nothing to shoot for.  They have nowhere to go in life and therefore go nowhere.
As believers, we are to have a vision - to be people of vision and purpose.  We have to learn to set a goal or target and keep it before our eyes - we have to continually look at it, gaze upon it.  It's only when we aim at something that we have any chance at reaching it. 
I can't imagine anything worse than going through life without having something to shoot for, something to attain to, and something to look forward to reaching.  I would never want a life where I did the same thing over and over with no hope of ever reaching a new goal.  That would be so discouraging to me.  I need to have a new and renewed vision at all times.
How about you?  Do you have a goal in God?  Do you have a goal in life?  Do you have a vision for what you want to reach and attain to in life?  Have you written it down?  Do you keep it before your eyes?  Do you run with it?
We must run our race with purpose.  A friend once told me something the Lord had spoken to her, He said 'movement means nothing if purpose is not fulfilled.'  I love that statement.  We may be going about life with a lot of movement, but are we fulfilling our purpose?  If not, our life will be very empty.  We will be empty and unfulfilled.  We will literally be wasting our time.  To me, it's like a hamster on a wheel, running and running and never getting anywhere. 
We are about to enter into a new year - let's enter in with purpose.  Let's seek the Lord and ask Him to give us a vision for our future - to give us His vision for our future.  To give us a vision that will sustain us.  A vision that will propel us.  A vision that will enable us to reach our greatest height in Him.  Let's purpose in our hearts to enter into 2009 with clarity of purpose and vision.  I want to pray with you today, if I may.
Father, in Jesus Name - I come before You on behalf of every single reader.  God, those who have a clear vision of their future, I ask You to propel them into that purpose and destiny and bring it to fruition quickly.  And those who have no vision for their future, I ask You to give them a vision that sustains, a vision that propels them, a vision that takes them into their destined place in You and in life.  I ask You, God, to make that vision plain that they may run with it.  I ask You to make us a people of vision, a people of purpose and a people who fulfill our purpose from this day forth.  I thank You that we move daily with purpose and we move toward our destiny and see the fulfillment thereof, in Jesus Name.  Amen and So Be It. 

Kim Potter 

King of Peace Ministries King of Peace Ministries

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:53 PM

I totally understand where you are coming from. I have spent my life singing gospel and basically knowing that God gifted me musically but feeling as though there was so much more I wanted to do and He could use. I have always loved writing, poetry, journals, just general posts and finally after much prodding have begun making a book in a way of sorts. I have decided that I am going to write posts centered around pictures in most cases that focus on what God says about everything we may ever face. I will be placing these in here as well and would love your feedback on them all.

If you can pray to someone whom you view as a god or diety, then pardon me while I pray to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Jesus the Christ will often come from my mouth, if you don't like it keep moving, and I'll add you to my prayer list...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)