Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CApturing the heartbeat of God everyday # 3- The photo that took my breath

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:26 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 312 Total Views

s many of you know hubby was out of state in Culpepper , Virginia for 12 days. WE missed him terribly and he was ready to come home by day 3 lol. but while they were there the company made sure they were not cooped up in the hotel for work only and took them on a trip to Washington DC on Saturday of last week and then to Gettysburg the next day. Hubby snapped pictures of everything that caught his eye. Did I mention that he took photography in high school and still loves it to this day?? Anyway as I flipped through the 322 ( yeah I said 322) pics he had taken I noticed that several of them were simply of the sky and nature.This one stood out among all of them. Look at that is that not beautiful? That very beauty led me to this post.

At first glance it seems that it is nightfall, dusk at the very earliest. The trees and shadows play upon the landscape and trick the mind into believing it is dark. But through all of that the sun bursts forth, sending rays out to melt the snow, lighten the dark spots and bring a glisten to the areas that seem to be dingy and dirty.This picture is an example of what god does daily for us. Many of us right now face tough economic times, cuts in pay , loss of jobs. It seems to be a long dark road ahead to get out of this financial mess that the have it now generation has brought us into. Everywhere we look it seems bleak and dark and cold, it is the winter of our lifetimes. Just about the time we fell as if it is never going to improve, and life has just knocked us down as far as we can handle it BOOM God shows up. He illuminates the dark corners we once feared, melts the icy grip of fear and worry from our thoughts and bursts forth just as the blazing sun light did here. Fighting through the darkness of the forest of our time of trial, reminding us that we have never walked this path alone. Encouraging us to take that next step for He is the light unto our feet for the path we tread upon.

In the 23rd Psalm David describes this point in our lives, we will face more then one, but each seems more difficult then the last. It is called growth. We are never presented with the same problem over and over. Unless we failed to get through the first time, like the Israelites after their exodus from Egypt. They spent 40 years going around the same mountain simply because of their fear of what lay upon the peak of the mountain. David tells us that "though we walk through the valley of the SHADOW of death we should fear no evil, for God is with us. His rod and staff comforts us" In other words just when we are pretty sure the test has won God shows himself mighty in our situation. AS the sun burst through the clouds of winter to lighten this pathway and lend its beauty to the scene before you, God sent his son to be a light unto the path for the world. He tells us over and over it is not all gonna be wine and roses, that some nights will seem to be neverending, but to simply hang on and trust, for morning shall always come forth.

Perhaps you are facing mounting bills, job loss, depression, grief or sadness. Maybe you feel overwhelmed in all that you are dealing with daily. Have no fear. Cry out to Him and allow him to light your path. Lean not unto your own understanding but fully trust on him. If we could always do it all ourselves then he woudl have had no need to send Jesus to be our redeemer, no reason to send Him to the cross to be crucified. He did it because God knew that one day we would be standing in a spot similar to this picture and all around would seem dark, but look up for your redemption draweth nigh. Look up and find the Son.

If you can pray to someone whom you view as a god or diety, then pardon me while I pray to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Jesus the Christ will often come from my mouth, if you don't like it keep moving, and I'll add you to my prayer list...

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bugov1litBug
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM

As i read your post looking at the pic your hubs took,~BEAUTIFUL~ by the way i had to look twice is that a heart of son poking through those clouds?, thats what i saw, I sof tly agree in times of worries concerns,heartachs, what ev the cause, is to trust and obey!! Every thing you said was simply a beautiful thing may you be~ blessed ~for shareing  this!angel mini

Raena24
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 5:08 PM

very heart warming and beautiful pic

hiswords777
by Group Admin on Dec. 21, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Thank you for sharing!! 

Awesome picture and beutiful thoughts to go along with it.

LoveWiseCouncel
by Group Owner on Dec. 21, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Thank you soooooo much for posting this on the group! I knew the ladies here would just love it! PLEASE feel free to post things like this anytime! We all need the inspiration of one another. You are truly a gift to this group. Thank you again!!!

CHECK OUT OUR SISTER GROUPS 
 HERE ON CAFEMOM.COM

King of Peace Ministries King of Peace Ministries

peacefulkids
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Breath taking.  This is so beautiful. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)