Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's going to be a big brother ...

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:09 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 463 Total Views

I'm curious to know if anyone is pregnant now and how their little (March 2008) one is handling it. Mine has been getting clingy and throwing fits of anger when other kids approach me. On the cute side, he offers his food, drinks, and toys to my belly and says "for baby". I obviously love the sweet moments and yet am a bit worried about the negatives, especially with people I don't know (in the bus, supermarket, etc.) throwing in their two cents. Thanks!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
friend8622
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM

My march 2008 baby is a little brother as of right now and will become a big brother in April.  He doesn't really understand that I'm going to be having a baby.  He is just in this awful stage where he LOVES to through a fit anytime we go anywhere.  I'm hoping he grows out of that very soon!!  Best of luck with your pregnancy!

thebruce
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Congratulations and good luck on the homestretch! I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in the public fits of anger. I try so hard to ignore people's dirty looks and commentaries.

With my little guy, we've looked at illustrations and a toddler's book that explains with simple language and story that a new baby is coming. A few people have suggested that he's acting out because he senses the change ... I hope it ends soon because I'm tired and often short on patience.

MissiAnne
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 1:11 AM

My March '08 baby had a baby brother in April of '09.  Don't let anyone scare you.  There will be some difficult times, but the great ones outweigh the tough ones, and you'll get through.  Also remember, no one's advice is ever better than your own Mommy instinct.  You'll do a great job!

thebruce
by on Mar. 13, 2010 at 3:36 AM

Thanks for your encouragement, MissiAnne. I'm happy to know that there are more good times ahead. I was just beginning to feel like I was catching my second wind and now that I'm pregnant again, I'm worried about how I'm going to handle two. Have a great weekend!

NicMomof1boy
by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Teagan has a baby sister as of Feb 8th. It's a busy life, but a GREAT one. You can handle it!!

Jacylrin
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 11:19 AM

It's not necessarily your being pregnant that is making him such a handful. It's the age :-)

mamamartin89
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 5:21 PM

my march 2008 baby has a little brother born in august 2009. dont worry it will be fine. no worrys.. its hard but worth it

tasha2378
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I would  love a little sister for my daughter but i am so scare I can't handle too. My husband works alot. I think to much about"how would i pay for daycare for 2"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)