Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

freezing cookies?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 3:53 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 523 Total Views

Hey, I'm new here and in need of some advice. I need to make about 40 sugar cookies for Sunday, but i'm also making 2 pies and dinner for saturday and sunday. can I make the cookies ealier in the week, and then freeze them for sunday? would they be gross? they are also going to be dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy cane.

by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
tat2mom
by Member on Dec. 7, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Sugar cookies are awesome because they natually have a longer "shelf life" then most cookies.  I would maybe just make the cookie dough now and keep it in the fridge, bake the cookies either tomorrow or Wednesday, let them set over night them dip them Thursday, and by thursday night you can package them or if they will be plated just place them in air tight containers or big ziplock bags till sunday.  And that gives you fri, and sat for your pies.  Which if any of them are going to be fruit, you can make you filling ahead of time and just keep in it the fridge till its time to bake and fill your pie crusts and bake. 

But I wouldn't freeze baked cookies... they have a tendency to dry out faster.

Hope this helped!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN