Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lets see thise wedding cakes!

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2009 at 11:16 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 784 Total Views

I am getting married in November, I have almost NO experience with baking, but I am excited to make my own cake. Lets see those pictures and throw out advice :)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 23, 2009 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tat2mom
by Member on Dec. 24, 2009 at 9:58 AM

The top one is actually the only one that was a wedding cake, but the others I got the idea from wedding cakes.

My advise is, if you have never done a wedding cake before, keep it simple.  If you have never worked with fondant, or gumpaste before, practice BEFORE you start your cake.  Do some reasearch.....  check out youtube for cake making/decorating videos (they have some REALLY good ones) and cakecentreral.com.  There is a lot of good advise and picts on that site.  But most of all.... HAVE FUN!!!!  If you hate what you are doing it will show up on the cake.

p.s.  Make sure you post a pict of it!!!

torttia
by on Dec. 25, 2009 at 8:17 PM

those are so pretty!

Quoting tat2mom:

The top one is actually the only one that was a wedding cake, but the others I got the idea from wedding cakes.

My advise is, if you have never done a wedding cake before, keep it simple.  If you have never worked with fondant, or gumpaste before, practice BEFORE you start your cake.  Do some reasearch.....  check out youtube for cake making/decorating videos (they have some REALLY good ones) and cakecentreral.com.  There is a lot of good advise and picts on that site.  But most of all.... HAVE FUN!!!!  If you hate what you are doing it will show up on the cake.

p.s.  Make sure you post a pict of it!!!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
Pnkribbon
by on Dec. 26, 2009 at 12:34 PM

I love the pink ribbon cake!!!!! That is so fantastic

pink ribbon  Pnkribbon

DivaNCali
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2010 at 3:49 AM

Beautiful cakes.  Wonderful job.

tat2mom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Thank You!!! happy

the b fam

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)