Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all amazing cake moms...........911 i need help

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 3:32 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 705 Total Views

so my sons 3rd birthday is coming up here in may but we arent having his party until june because of all the graduation partys going on we dont want to have double partys and someone misses his party or we miss someones party but back to my 911. He loves mickey mouse club house and i wanted to make that for his birthday at least the set up of the club house with the shoe garage, the actual club house it looks simple and i hope it is thats why this mommas going to do a test run but i need some help to have a good excaution of this cake as possible i know i will need to use fondant and i have no recipie for or buttercream so ladys i need help bad lol...please can you help me with any ideas and suggestions. here are a few pics i have for ideas i dont know what all im going to do but i need help lol thank you

by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
tat2mom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2010 at 12:39 AM

I did a Mickey Mouse Club House cake for my daughters 2nd birthday a couple years ago.  Here are a couple picts of the cake....

This was like the second cake I have ever made so its a little rough around the edges.  But here is what I did.  A few days before I made the fence, slide and hand out of fondant and let it dry.  For the slide I drapped it over a bowl it give it that round shape.  For the house part I used the top of a 1 liter pop bottle and covered with red melting chips.... not the best or easiest thing to do I might add.  The shoe is 2 cupcakes covered with fondant.   I cheated with the ears and made them out of foam.

I'm sure that you can make a WAY better cake, but just thought I would share to give you some ideas.  You might also want to try cakecentral.com  they have a lot of cakes on there.

Good Luck!!

oh yeah... buttercream recipe.  Super easy

1 cup of butter

1 bag of powered sugar

1 tsp of extract

2 tbsp of milk

the b fam

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)