Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the Group!

Posted by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 11:20 AM
  • 25 Replies
  • 1312 Total Views
I just want to take a moment to welcome everyone to the group.  I hope to learn a lot from everyone here.  I am a home baker and sweet lover.  I love to create fun and delicious treats for my family and parties.  I hope to learn a lot from others and love to share what has worked great for me.
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cajunmommy29
by on Mar. 1, 2008 at 7:37 AM
Hello, I'm Lisa.  I'm kind of an ameture at cake decorating.  I'll post up a few pics anyway.  I want to take a class so that I can be really good like Duff on Ace of Cakes or like Collette Peters.   Anyway, I'm 35, married with one son.  Hope to make some friends!

cookingfor5
by Group Owner on Mar. 1, 2008 at 9:42 AM
Lisa, Welcome to the group.  I am an ameteur at cake decorating too.  If youhave the chance the Wilton classes are worth taking.  I have learned a lot about decorating cookies on the web, but some techniques are helpful to learn at class for cake decorating.  I'll have to post some of my pics too, but they are a little rough.
CakesByDesiree
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2008 at 1:18 AM
Hello all!  I am a beginner at cake decorating, I have taken a wilton class but mostly I have learned from the web.  I look forward to talking with others who share my passion.

Des
lillykacimommy
by Member on Mar. 4, 2008 at 8:06 PM
Hi my name is Yvonne and I've been doing cakes for about a year. So I am kinda still new at this. I really enjoy doing the cakes and Love watching the kids when they see them all done!! I kinda go over board with my kids birthday cakes, but they  enjoy it!!
kwright
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2008 at 10:02 PM
Hi, my name is Kelly, and I am 34 years old and live in MI.  I have a four year old son and two year old daughter.

My sister-in-law and I love making cakes, cookies, candies, etc. for every occasion.  Looking forward to sharing ideas and our imaginations!
CarolAshly
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2008 at 6:59 PM
Hi!  My name is Carol and I'm from Illinois.  I absolutely LOVE baking and cake decorating and have been doing cakes here and there for several years now.  All my cakes are done simply to practice, for family and friend's b-days, and things like that.  I've only done 2 cakes so far that have really been nerve racking for me and they were my 2 Disney cakes!  They were made for the people at Disney!!!  What pressure~~but they were pleased...thank God!!  LOL!  

Well, I look forward to sharing cake stories, etc. with everyone.  I hope that we all grow as wonderful cake decorators/bakery lovers!!    

Here is a pic of one of the many cakes I made this Easter!  Hope you enjoy!
 :0) 
betru2oneself
by on Apr. 13, 2008 at 8:04 PM
I am so happy I found this group! I am a huge sweet tooth lover. But we are also getting ready to move to Alaska next winter time and so I figured what a great hobby to pick up during extremelly long cold days that never end! I love to cook in general i just wish my hubby was home more so i can try them out cause 2 small kids and me cant really eat some of these things by ourselves. I really look forwrad to seeing what I can find on here.
lonimarie
by New Member on May. 1, 2008 at 9:42 AM
hi everyone, new to the group. I am a 29year old stay at home mom with 2 under 2. I mostly bake cookies for holidays, but I started making more detailed fun cakes for birthdays since my kids were born. This year I will be making a Mickey Mouse cake with mini (get it, minnie) cupcakes around it and a number 1 ake (2 seperate birthdays). Look forward to meeting everyone.
jujubeejewls
by New Member on May. 23, 2008 at 11:46 PM
Hi, my name is Julie, age 34, mother of 4 children and I live on Oklahoma. Decorating cakes is a hobby of mine and I am looking forward to being a part of this group and getting to know all of you..... Thanks for the invite, Luckeemee2x06

Julie "jujubeejewls"
LUCKEEMEE2X06
by Group Admin on May. 27, 2008 at 2:04 AM
THANKS FOR JOINING JUJUBEEJEWLS!!!!!!!!
Quoting jujubeejewls:

Hi, my name is Julie, age 34, mother of 4 children and I live on Oklahoma. Decorating cakes is a hobby of mine and I am looking forward to being a part of this group and getting to know all of you..... Thanks for the invite, Luckeemee2x06

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN