Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Icing Recipe for Cookies!

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2008 at 10:23 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 1562 Total Views

Here is my recipe for icing for my cookies!

2lbs powdered sugar
1 tbsp meringue powder (Wilton brand)
2 tbsp corn syrup
1/4 to 1/2 cup water

Combine powdered sugar and meringue powder in a bowl.  Add half of the water while mixing with an electric mixer.  Add the corn syrup while mixing.  Add the rest of the water slowly, until the mixture flows like elmer's glue.  You may need to add more or less water.  It is not an exact science.  Mix the icing for at least 5 minutes.

I ice my cookies with pastry bags and cake decorating tips.  I flood and fill my cookies with the same consitency.  If you want to add flowers to the tops of cookies, you would use plain royal icing from Wilton's recipe. 

by on Mar. 1, 2008 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LUCKEEMEE2X06
by Group Admin on Apr. 30, 2008 at 11:17 AM
THIS RECIPE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bailey4302
by Member on May. 4, 2008 at 8:59 AM
I am a big fan of rolled buttercream for my cookies. The recipe is long so if you are interested feel free to pm me. Here is a pic of cookies I did with it:

sandrawheeler
by Member on Jul. 21, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Quoting bailey4302:

I am a big fan of rolled buttercream for my cookies. The recipe is long so if you are interested feel free to pm me. Here is a pic of cookies I did with it:

I would love to learn about rolled buttercream frosting, new to me
hobbit1123
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2008 at 5:19 PM

in adding corn syrup does it make it look like a glaze? i use almost the same recipe but i dont add the syrup

cookingfor5
by Group Owner on Oct. 20, 2008 at 1:39 PM

The corn syrup gives it a nice shine, but does not make it cloudy.  It really just gives a nice but simple shine and gets rid of the meringue taste.

mg15
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Thank you for the recipe! Last year my husband was VERY vocal with the odd taste the merengue leaves lol.

Brodysmommy5205
by on May. 6, 2009 at 4:50 PM

I would love to have your recipe if you wouldnt mind sharing it with me ..brodysmommy5205@yahoo.com

Quoting sandrawheeler:

Quoting bailey4302:

I would love to learn about rolled buttercream frosting, new to me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)