Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Best Cookie Recipes.............

Posted by on May. 20, 2008 at 10:49 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 1318 Total Views
Please add your favorite cookie recipes here.  I'd like to come up with a collection for everyone to reference.  Any kind of cookies can be included. 
by on May. 20, 2008 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
betru2oneself
by on Jun. 18, 2008 at 8:45 PM
thanks to my cousin me and evertibe around me are totally addicted mocha brownie cookies. at work they were such a hit (retail) i had to pull about 10 out each break because they would be gone in 5 mins just so eveyrone had a chance to eat some lol.

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened

1/4 cup sour cream (I use Tillamook's fat free kind)

1 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon instant coffee, dissolved in 2 tablespoons cool brewed coffee

2 eggs

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 325. Beat butter , sour cream, sugar, brown sugar and coffee with electric mixer (I just use a wooden spoon) until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until fluffy. Stop mixer (or spoon) and scrape sides of bowl.

2. Combine all remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a separate bowl, stirring well to combine. With mixer on low (or spoon, ha ha), gradually add dry ingredients. Increase mixer speed and beat until dough is well combined. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.

3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until slight imprint remains when pressed with finger. Cool 3 minutes on cookie sheet; transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Makes 5 to 6 dozen cookies

cookingfor5
by Group Owner on Jun. 18, 2008 at 10:47 PM
Can't wait to try this one!  Thanks for sharing it!
christianmom34
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2008 at 11:11 PM

My favorite recipe that I use on all my bouquet orders is called "No fail sugar cookies." They remain the same shape as when you cut from the cutters. They dont spread at all. I am always looking for new recipes that do not spread. The recipe is as follows:

2 cups butter

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla ( I use almond extract)

3 tsp baking powdr

6 cups flour

1 tsp salt

Mix butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. In bowl combine dry ingredients and add slowly to mixture. Roll out on baking sheets. Refridgerate one hour. Cut and bake. Remember, with ANY cookie batch, preheat oven for 30 minutes. Bake at 350 for approx 8-10 min. Check regularly

luckymommax7
by on Oct. 23, 2008 at 9:08 AM

Thank you so much for this recipe my biggest issue with cookies is them spreading and not looking anything like I originially wanted...lol.  Can't wait to try this..........

Quoting christianmom34:

My favorite recipe that I use on all my bouquet orders is called "No fail sugar cookies." They remain the same shape as when you cut from the cutters. They dont spread at all. I am always looking for new recipes that do not spread. The recipe is as follows:

2 cups butter

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

3 tsp baking powdr

6 cups flour

1 tsp salt

Mix butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. In bowl combine dry ingredients and add slowly to mixture. Roll out on baking sheets. Refridgerate one hour. Cut and bake. Remember, with ANY cookie batch, preheat oven for 30 minutes. Bake at 350 for approx 8-10 min. Check regularly

schoolmomof2
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:22 PM

My girls and I tried your recipe over the weekend...YUM!!f My youngest said they were good even without frosting.

This is my favorite sugar cookie recipe that I've used for years. I does not spread at all and is falovorful and moist. I like my cookies a little thick so they stay soft. These also freeze wonderfully well.

Fabulous sugar cookies

Makes  42 3-4 inch cookies Heat oven to 375 degrees.

3 sticks (11/2 C.) unsalted butter, softened

1 Cup sugar

1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

1 large egg

2 tsp. vanilla

1/4 tsp. lemon extract

1/2 tsp salt

41/3 c all purpose flour

1. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl on low speed until fluffy.

2. Beat in egg, extracts, and salt

3. Beat in flour until blended.

4. Divide dough in thirds. Shape into a 1 inch disk and wrap seperately. Refidgerate 1 hour or until firm.

5. roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut with cutters.

6. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden at edges. Let cool slightly then move to cooling rack.

You can put on sprinkles before baking if desired or frost afterward.

Enjoy

Quoting christianmom34:

2 cups butter

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

3 tsp baking powdr

6 cups flour

1 tsp salt

tat2mom
by Member on Feb. 9, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I just tried this recipie this moring for an order and they turned out PERFECT!!!!

Quoting christianmom34:

2 cups butter

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

3 tsp baking powdr

6 cups flour

1 tsp salt

the b fam

patty_espectra
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2009 at 1:39 PM

my best cookie recipe ever is the one that i use for the decorated cookies, it taste like the butter danish cookies .... im from mexico so sorry for my english if i made i mistake lol

750 grams flour

250 grams confectioners sugar

500 grams butter (room temperature)

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 egg yolks

on the electric mixer beat butter until smooth

add confectioners sugar, mix well, add egg yolks and vanilla till well combined.

finally add the flour and mix well till the batter is well combined

knead the dough  and put it in a plastic bag without air bubbles

refrigerate 24 hours before use

note: the refrigerated dough its kind of hard because all the butter in the mix its normal that it seems like a stone when it is cold, you only have to let some time out of the fridge at room temperature for manipulate the dough and make the cookies

bake cookies for 20 minutes at 250ÂșC  or when the cookie edges are lightly toasted

Brodysmommy5205
by on May. 7, 2009 at 12:10 PM

This sounds yummy ! Is this like the cookies they put icing on like a tea cookie? I can't wait to try them maybe today are tomorrow morning !

Quoting christianmom34:

2 cups butter

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

3 tsp baking powdr

6 cups flour

1 tsp salt

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)