Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP!!!!! DESPERATE!!!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:34 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 289 Total Views
I need something now!!! My baby just turned 6 weeks old and my disability no longer covers me. I cannot return to work because I have a surgery scheduled in the next month and my job says it would be "pointless" for me to come back for just a couple weeks. I haven't worked since November because I had complications and could not anymore. After my next surgery I will be on disability again but in the mean time I have no income in my name. I've been trying some of those free on-line things but it doesn't pay the bills. My husband does not make enough to pay them by himself and we are several months behind on many of them and even our car loan company is threatening repo. Even if my job would let me return right now I don't have adequate babysitting for both of my boys and cannot afford daycare. I have no "startup cost" money but need something NOW.
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dazed_edee
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 3:06 PM

I understand where you are coming from. I lost 2 jobs in one week, 1 because the lady I was baby sitting for moved and the other because of cut backs. I’m 6 months pregnant and have a 2 year old at home, no money for daycare and NO ONE will hire me.

Honestly most of these start up companies take time and a lot of work and you have a 6 week old, you’re working hard enough already.

First, did you have a c-section? That’s 2 more weeks of disability (8 weeks total). Does your surgery have anything to do with having your baby? If so, talk to your DR he maybe able to get your disability extended. If your company won’t take you back ask if they will lay you off. That way you qualify for unemployment and state medical insurance. Ok, that covers the “I hope one of them works” category.   

If I was you, I’d start cleaning out the basement. Have a yard sale or sell everything on eBay. eBay is really easy and there aren’t any start up costs. Believe me if you have kids you have stuff they aren’t playing with that you can sell. Also, think about all the clothes that were given to you that your baby is never going to where. All can be sold on eBay and we will help you. Join the eBay club and be prepared for a little criticism, but we will help you succeed.

The other thing is baby sitting. I know you are having surgery soon, but usually there is someone at church or a mommy group who only needs someone a few days a week.  Write and email and sent it to all your friends and family. Tell them you are looking to baby sit at your house a few days a week, how much you charge and say you are willing to baby sit in the evenings and weekends so they can go out. Call it something like “Get Out Tonight – sitting service”

I know I’d like someone to baby sit for a few hours on Friday night so I could have some alone time with my hubby.

Some people build their daycare around evening care! They only baby sit Friday and Saturday evenings and nights. You’re going to be up all night anyway with your new baby, why not get paid for it.

One other thing, there is always eLance.com. It looks like you have to pay them, but you don’t. You bid on jobs and if you win you do the job get paid and eLance takes a small %, just like eBay.

Read all the info eLance.com gives you. If you can type you can do eLance.com

Good luck,

~eDee
hotmanna11206
by Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 4:11 PM
I love this one because theres no fees and costs nothing to start. It wont make you rich but you will earn legitimate money and its easy. All you have to do is look at web advertisements. You can also earn more and more for referring people. Give it a try its real simple.

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?hotmanna2707
workathomemama
by Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 8:39 PM

I have my own business with Ameriplan and love it.  We offer a service and not a product so there are no parties or quotas or minimums.  We offer 2 medical/dental benefits packages that help people save money on their healthcare costs.  I enjoy it b/c it is legit, ethical and I like helping people save money on the necessities in life (healthcare) vs. helping people spend money on products they don't really need.

You can visit my cafe mom group at: http://www.cafemom.com/group/stayhomewithme  I have posted all of the answers to the most commonly asked questions there.

I would love to help you get started!  If you are ready to enroll now just visit: http://www.iboplus.com/wiler/enroll.Hope I can help you start your own successful business!
Christina

dazed_edee
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 9:18 PM

Quoting hotmanna11206:

I love this one because theres no fees and costs nothing to start. It wont make you rich but you will earn legitimate money and its easy. All you have to do is look at web advertisements. You can also earn more and more for referring people. Give it a try its real simple.

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?hotmanna2707

Oh, I have to try this one out. I'm sorry, it just looks like such a scam.
Do you actually do this? I have to hear more. I'd love if this one was real.
Can you tell me more about what really happens day to day on this site. Honestly, I want to know. Do you get emails about things that interest you? Do you get a lot of spam? How do they know if you actually read the emails? Do you get paid per email? Do you have to log into there site to get the emails?
Thanks,
~eDee
kellyk1818
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Hi there! I was somewhat in your same boat, except I just couldn't go back to work and leave my baby with a stranger all day.  I have started working from home and I love it!  The best thing is, our group is called The Moms Group and the entire group is built of caring mothers just like you and me who wanted to be home with their babies but needed to make money to do so.  Please look at my website and give me a call/e-mail if you like what you see.  I have turned my neighbors and family onto this and it can change your life.

www.mymomworksathome.info

Good luck!
Kelly
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)