Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduction & Question

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:32 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 297 Total Views

Hi everyone. We are Peter & Petia Shea.

Our son Petey has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. He is a bright, beautiful child and so we are hopeful for his future. However, the book about Aspergers that was recommended on Amazon, The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome by Tony Attwood,  seems pure gloom and doom. Can anyone recommend an informative text which offers some hopeful remarks?

Peter & Petia

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
chrssmar5
by Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:27 PM

yea i didnt really like that book either .....i havent read this yet but i believe it is called freaks, geeks and aspergers syndrome  .. i have heard it is a good book written by a 13 year old boy with aspergers ...

taxgirl7062
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 7:24 PM

Hi this is my first response to this group.

I was advised by our wonderful pediatrician not to read overmuch on the issue. Yes read enough to keep current by not to immerse myself in it.

Linda R

ArmyFamilyof7
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 7:45 PM
Quoting chrssmar5:

yea i didnt really like that book either .....i havent read this yet but i believe it is called freaks, geeks and aspergers syndrome  .. i have heard it is a good book written by a 13 year old boy with aspergers ...

We have read this book and it is fabulous!!! I would recommend it to everyone. I love getting his perspective on it (and BTW he wouldn't change himself). Good luck with your son.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)