Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Week 3 ~ Open Challenge

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 8:18 AM
  • 28 Replies
  • 975 Total Views

We all have our favorite manufacturers, right? Whether it's My Mind's Eye, Tim Holtz,  Basic Grey, Creative Memories, Die Cuts with a View - whatever! We want you to find 3 elements and/or 3 products  from the same manufacturer and use them on a new layout or card. Yo can mix and match sets; you can use paper, inks, stamps, chipboard, stickles - anything you want, as long as they are made from the same company. Tell us what manufacturer you used and what elements or products you chose for your creation. Inspire us to run out and buy, or in this economy, maybe just put it on our wishlist! Complete this challenge and earn yourself 1 Scrappy Football!

Here's an example: This Echo Park set has diecuts, border strips, tags, papers, etc. All of them on a LO (ex compliments of scrapbook.com gallery):

by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hlmbugle
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 8:25 PM

This open challenge was kinda cool.  Normally I don't pay attention to the brand of my stuff, and I don't keep a lot of things in their original packaging, so this gave me an excuse to use a kit that one of my students gave me at the end of the year, along with a paper pack I had bought from WalMart to make a scrapbook starter kit for somebody.  It's all Colorbok stuff, except for the Martha Stewart glass beads and inked edges and a Sharpie marker.  

MarciLB
by Marci on Sep. 16, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Nice Heather!...I do the same as you --remove packaging...dont pay attention to the person or brand....but I did keep together some kits from classes...so..................we'll see!

Nannyfeb
by Barbara on Sep. 16, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Heather- Gorgeous LO. I too take kits apart but have some still together I will have to investigate.

Barbara/nannyfebamerican flag ribbon

MarciLB
by Marci on Sep. 17, 2011 at 5:06 PM

EVERYTHING on this LO is "ME & My Big Ideas"...they had these supplies aboard the ship , some of it was free and some of it was for sale.

holding balloons  Marci

STRAWBERRYRAIN
by Dawn on Sep. 17, 2011 at 5:25 PM

love the layouts ladies

MarciLB
by Marci on Sep. 17, 2011 at 8:37 PM

thanks dawn!

STRAWBERRYRAIN
by Dawn on Sep. 17, 2011 at 9:11 PM

you welcome. i just have to figure out products now, their all out of packages and stuff, i have no idea what stuff came from what company lol

MarciLB
by Marci on Sep. 17, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Dawn..I know what you mean., I do the same! ..we went to a quick quotes weekend last year and i was going to use their stuff...then since I have been doing some of the family cruise pics recently, I remembered that all of the stuff came from one company so that made it easier!

holding balloons  Marci

STRAWBERRYRAIN
by Dawn on Sep. 17, 2011 at 10:09 PM

well i was going to do tim holtz but i dont have any paper it'll probably have to be a mind's eye halloween page lol

Nannyfeb
by Barbara on Sep. 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Everything in this LO is from a Quick Quotes pack that we received last year. I am amaized that I have not taken them all apart. I will however leave them all together from now on.LOL

Barbara/nannyfebamerican flag ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)