Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi I'm Tammy

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 8:01 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 191 Total Views
Hi my name's Tammy.  I've had epilepsy for about 17yrs give or take.  I have grandmal nocturnal seizures...which....Thank God....are controled by phenobarbial.  My last seizure was a few years ago because they tried to take me off my meds....so they decided to keep me on them with my pregnancy with my son.....Let's hear it for folic acid because he was born happy and healthy...knock wood.
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sugarmamma_64
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2007 at 8:13 PM
Hey Tammy, I thought I would tell you about the meds I'm on, Keppra,TegretolXR,Diamox,Cymbalta,Meclezine,HRT I think thats it so many I sometimes have trouble remembering.
lostmoma
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 2:02 PM
welcom to my group tammy.......
 my name is tammy to.. i also have had grand-mal seizures, also for 17 years give a take... kinda weird..... dont you think?, anyway.i am glad to here you r doing well, did you say you r seizure free?.  i didnt know you could take folic acid with seizure meds? it must only be the dilantin that you cant have it with... atleast thats what the dr's been tellingme for 17 years... but good for you....... hope to here from you again.............

tammy(lostmoma)
peechy
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 2:14 PM
Hello my name is Heather I've had epilepsy for 12 years, well I was diognosed when I was 15 but I had seizures since I was 5 so actually I've probably had epilepsy for about 22 years.  Anyway I am on Dilantin and I have 2 beautiful children.  I haven't had a seizure since I was 16 but if I don't drink a lot of water in the summer (to stay hydrated) I might have an 'episode'.  Which is basically me passing out or fainting. But even that hasn't happened in about 5 years. I had an EEG right after my son was born (2002) because they said since I hadn't had any seizures in so long that maybe there was no more epileptic activity on my brain.  But there still was which sucked I kinda got my hopes up.
lostmoma
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 3:31 PM

Quoting peechy:

Hello my name is Heather I've had epilepsy for 12 years, well I was diognosed when I was 15 but I had seizures since I was 5 so actually I've probably had epilepsy for about 22 years.  Anyway I am on Dilantin and I have 2 beautiful children.  I haven't had a seizure since I was 16 but if I don't drink a lot of water in the summer (to stay hydrated) I might have an 'episode'.  Which is basically me passing out or fainting. But even that hasn't happened in about 5 years. I had an EEG right after my son was born (2002) because they said since I hadn't had any seizures in so long that maybe there was no more epileptic activity on my brain.  But there still was which sucked I kinda got my hopes up.
HEATHER,
WELCOME TO THE GROUP. ,
peechy
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Thankx I remember when I got pregnant with my son I was scared about my meds having a bad effect on my son so I went to go see my neurologistand he said that there is a less than 5 % chance that the meds will have an effect on my child but theres an even greater chance like 60 % that without my meds I could have a seizure which would have horribal effects on my son. Then when he was born the doctor checked for something in his eyes. He is now 5 years old and he has had no side effects so I guess i made the right decision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)