Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi, I'm Lisa!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 12:59 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 148 Total Views
Hello, I'm Lisa and I am a young,single mother with a beautiful daughter, Elizabeth. I joined this group because I have Epilepsy and I have had it since I was diagnosed at 14 years old. At first my seizures were hard to control with my medicine, but the doctors soon switched me to a Tegretol/ Topamax combanation. I have had breakthrough seizures since then but my seizures are pretty much controlled. When I was pregnant though I always had my levels checked and they ran more tests on me than usual. The did more non-stess tests on me than they would normally do since I have Epilepsy.  And my doctor also induced my pregnancy since I was considered high risk. But all of that was worth it, because I have a beautiful, healthy 2 year old daughter now. And I live my days, day by day and I always remember to take my medicines because I am not going to risk my health or my daughter. I hope I can find more moms just like me who have epilepsy too because its just hard for me to find other people who have epilepsy also.
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lostmoma
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 3:06 PM
Welcome to the group tammy.
i am the owner of this group my name is also tammy.....i also have grand-mal seizures but they r not nocteral ones.... i am glad you found my group for i also was looking for a place to go where there were other who understood what i was feeling and going thru.. so please feel free to post as much as you wish and enjoy.....tammy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)