Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just Checking On Everyone

Posted by on May. 18, 2007 at 7:05 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 189 Total Views
Hey all,
Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing and I pray that you are all doing good and seizure free.
That's kind of how we live our lives and it's difficult I know. I have been having these funky headaches that I associate with seizures because I used to get them before grand mals. My meds have stopped the grand mals but I still get that wierd feeling in my head and then I feel out of it and confused. Anyway, enough of that.
Drop me a little line though and let me know how you all are feeling cause I worry about all of us and just like to know how everyone is....
God Bless You
Sending prayers from norther Nevada
Kymber
by on May. 18, 2007 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lostmoma
by on May. 18, 2007 at 8:50 PM
Kymber,
 hi sweetie, thank- you for your lovly post.. i aam doing well, seizure free 3 months1 week.....  i know what you mean about your headachs i get them too really bad,, last month the pharmacy gave me the genaric form of my dilantin and i called the dr, because i had never taken it in the 17 years i have has epilepsy he said to go ahead and take it this month but i must go back to the dilantin when the bottle is empty.... let me tell you my headachs got so bad ithought i was gonna fall out.. so today when i went to the pharmacy to get a refill i made sure that they didnt give me the genaric form... besides that everything is good here......
kymbernv
by on May. 18, 2007 at 9:51 PM
I'm very happy to hear that ... thanks for posting back !! I know what ya mean though about the meds. I've got a terrible headache as we speak. The Dr. always says to me, the tegretol should help your headaches not make them worse. I feel like offering to trade heads with him, just so he knows   :)  Another Dr. told me the real bad headaches that I have are seizure activity but I don't have a grand mal because of my meds...so who knows. I really don't want to get another eeg just to find out.
Talk to ya soon and hang in there!!
Kymber

jordunmom
by on May. 20, 2007 at 6:03 PM
I am SO glad to have found cafemom, and feel even luckier to have found this group.  I'm so sorry that all of you have to deal with a seizure disorder, but I am glad to know that I'm not alone.  I feel like a freak; like I'm the only one if the world dealing with this.  The fear of something happening when I'm with my children.
Been seizure free for one year now!!  Before that, it had been 8 years.  Darn seizures, I thought they went away.
God bless you all.  I'm here if you ever want to vent, cry, or just chat.  You are NOT alone!!
Cathy
kymbernv
by on May. 20, 2007 at 7:58 PM
That's what I love about this group, that we do know we aren't alone. I also know what ya mean by feeling like a freak. The first grand mal I had was when I was in high school, the rumors that flew about me after that were ridiculous. I lived in a small town, and they pulled me out of p.e. cause they said that I couldn't run or else I would have a seizure...(I'm 38 now, so this wasn't the ice ages when they said this) Then they wouldn't let me graduate, because they said I didn't have my p.e. credits...talk about crazy. I do appreciate having a place to talk about the things that maybe others dont't understand..
Thanks everyone and have a blessed day !!
Kymber
lostmoma
by on May. 22, 2007 at 7:51 PM

Quoting jordunmom:

I am SO glad to have found cafemom, and feel even luckier to have found this group.  I'm so sorry that all of you have to deal with a seizure disorder, but I am glad to know that I'm not alone.  I feel like a freak; like I'm the only one if the world dealing with this.  The fear of something happening when I'm with my children.
Been seizure free for one year now!!  Before that, it had been 8 years.  Darn seizures, I thought they went away.
God bless you all.  I'm here if you ever want to vent, cry, or just chat.  You are NOT alone!!
Cathy

Cathy,
 i am also so happy you found our little group over here in the corner...lol i do know what you mean about feeling like a freak. i went 10 years without a seizure and then they came back full force and knocked me down so low i didnt think i would ever get back up.. over the past few years its been tough  but just as they say in NA AND AA WE MUST TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME...
TAMMY
kymbernv
by on May. 22, 2007 at 8:31 PM
Amen to that........One day at a time!!
sweetpeasmom1
by New Member on May. 23, 2007 at 8:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

Glad to hear everyone has been seizure free.  None for me either, thank God!  I'm grateful for all of your support and Tegretol too!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)