Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 YEAR TODAY

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2008 at 10:53 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 119 Total Views

EVEN FOR ME I FIND MYSELF FORGETTING THE MOST IMPORTENT DETAILS....

1 YEARS AGO TODAY I OPENED THIS GROUP.. TO HELP WOMEN LIKE I, WHO FEEL THERE IS NO-ONE IN THE WORLD LIKE THEM. THIS GROUP HAS NOT TAKEN OFF LIKE ALL THE OTHER GROUPS IN CAFEMOM. OR EVEN AS I WOULD HAVE LIKED IT TO. THE TIME I SPEND ONLINE NOW IS NOT EVEN HALF AS MUCH AS I USED TO.I TRY TO COME IN AS MUCH AS I CAN. I TRY TO SPEAK TO ALL NEW MEMBERS EVEN IF ITS ONLY ONCE AND TO WELCOME THEM TO OUR GROUP.. SOMETIMES I MIGHT FORGET SOMEONE AND ONE OF MY OTHER MEMBERS ALWAYS SPEAKS UP AND SAYS THE HELLO'S AND WELCOMES FOR ME.... THANK YOU ALL FOR THAT....AS I SIT HERE ON MY BED AND THINK ABOUT THE DAY I OPENED THIS GROUP I REMEMBER THE SADDNESS I WAS FEELING  HOW ALL ALONE I FELT IN THIS BIG OL WORLD.. ITS SAD TO FEEL THAT ALONE....EVEN NOW WITH TEARS IN MY EYES ONCE AGAIN I FEEL I HAVE LETS OTHERS DOWN....THAT TOO IT A HARD FEELING TO DEAL WITH... I HAVE JUST HAD SO MANY THINGS HAPPEN IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS AND I AM NOT DEALING WITH THEM AT ALL. AND I KNOW I WOULD NOT BE OF ANY COMFORT TO ANY LADIES IN HERE RIGHT NOW.. SO I JUST WANTED TO DROP IN AND TELL HELLO.... THANK EVERYONE FOR JOINING THIS GROUP...AND TO LET YOU KNOW I AM HERE EVEN IF I DO NOT POST I AM READING AND KEEPIN P ON WHATS HAPPENING WITH EVERYONE....

by on Mar. 31, 2008 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SydElliesmom
by Member on Apr. 1, 2008 at 11:24 AM
Hey,
I know this group isn't as big as others, but usually this is the only group I post to, and I have met a couple of good friends here!  It may not be big, but hopefully that is because there aren't too many women dealing with this-thank god.  I know that when I found cafe mom and this group, it was such a relief to be able to post things, both bad and good, and to get responses from people who knew what I was talking about from experience, or cared enough to send responses, even if it was just a hug for the day-IT HAS HELPED...So, thanks to everyone, especially you for starting, and interacting with the group.  Have a better day-NO TEARS... Thanks,
Heather
jimmyswife211
by Member on Apr. 1, 2008 at 12:48 PM
I agree that we may not be the biggest....but I am a FIRM believer that it's not about the quanitity....it's about the QUALITY!!!  And the women that I have met on here on the most wonderful women.  I think you should be proud of yourself for what you did. 

I haven't been on here but a couple weeks, maybe a month....and I have found more support on here than on the big sites that claim to have have the thousand of members and "come here for support and understanding". 

You have done something wonderful here for all of us.....and I know that I thank you for that.....and I am sure that there are more "thank yous" to come!

Monique
lostmoma
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 11:44 PM
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH..... I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE THAT ITS OK WE ARE A SMALL GROUP,,
krbarrett
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 8:40 AM
I agree with all the above ladies comments.  When I joined this group I was looking for someone to understand and listen and just find people that really did know what I was going through.  I believe that this group is a great help to women who need an ear.  You should be very proud Tammy and remember that although this group maybe small it is helping people and that is really the point in it!  God Bless you and all the other ladies!

jimmyswife211
by Member on Apr. 10, 2008 at 4:16 PM
You know, I've been thinking...'cause I do that sometimes.  LoL!!!

But I think another reason why this group may be smaller than some of the other groups on here-Epilepsy still has a REALLY bad stigmata attached to it.  There are a lot of people who don't like to admit or "confess" to being an epileptic.  You know....you can be an ax murderer, you can have past drug abuse, you can be just about anything but an epileptic and people accept you.  But since so little is understood about seizures and what to do to help...so many people shy away from us.  I know that a LOT of my husband's friends used to want to do "couple" things and now....it more of "Hey what are YOU doing"...kind of thing.  They are scared of what might happen if I go out with them.  I know that, he knows that, they know that. 

And so I think that most people would rather admit that they a flesh eating bacteria....at least a pill can cure that.....than they would epilepsy. 

At least that is my thoughts.  I know that when I first got my diagnosis...I didn't want people to know.  I didn't want my life to change.  It took me a while to realize that I didn't have choice.  It had changed whether I accepted it or not.  I just had to face it, deal with it, and challenge it right back!  I refuse to let it win....although some days it does have the upper hand.  I will admit that.

Mo
lostmoma
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 10:57 AM
AGREE , AGREE AGREE...
OH YEAH... FLESH EATING....YUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKLOLOLOLOLOL
Quoting jimmyswife211:

You know, I've been thinking...'cause I do that sometimes.  LoL!!!

But I think another reason why this group may be smaller than some of the other groups on here-Epilepsy still has a REALLY bad stigmata attached to it.  There are a lot of people who don't like to admit or "confess" to being an epileptic.  You know....you can be an ax murderer, you can have past drug abuse, you can be just about anything but an epileptic and people accept you.  But since so little is understood about seizures and what to do to help...so many people shy away from us.  I know that a LOT of my husband's friends used to want to do "couple" things and now....it more of "Hey what are YOU doing"...kind of thing.  They are scared of what might happen if I go out with them.  I know that, he knows that, they know that. 

And so I think that most people would rather admit that they a flesh eating bacteria....at least a pill can cure that.....than they would epilepsy. 

At least that is my thoughts.  I know that when I first got my diagnosis...I didn't want people to know.  I didn't want my life to change.  It took me a while to realize that I didn't have choice.  It had changed whether I accepted it or not.  I just had to face it, deal with it, and challenge it right back!  I refuse to let it win....although some days it does have the upper hand.  I will admit that.

Mo
jimmyswife211
by Member on Apr. 11, 2008 at 12:11 PM

And isn't that just the saddest thing?!  WE AREN'T CONTAGEOUS!!!  But I can actually see people pull away from me when they find out.  I don't think that I will ever be able to understand it.  I had worked in the medical field my entire working career, with the exception of when I was in high school....so things like this never even phased me.  And like the bloodier the better with me.  So, I truly don't understand people's reaction to me, and I will admit-it hurts my feelings.

Mo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)