Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO YOU GET TIRED OF TAKING YOUR MEDS?

DO YOU FEEL LIKE PPL WALK ON EGGSHELLS AROUND YOU?

DOES IT MAKE YOU ANGRY WHEN SOMEONE SAY???? DONT GET UPSET YOU COULD HAVE A SEIZURE..

DO YOU EVER GET... WELL LIKE
WHY ME??????????????

MY ANWERS ARE

YES WHEN ITS TIME TO TAKE THEM I GET PISSY.....LOL

YES THEY DO IT PISSES ME OFF.

NOTHING MAKES ME MADDER THEN THAT ONE... LIKE I WILL FALL APART IF I CRY OR GET MAD.... PLZ GIVE ME A BREAK..

YES I THROW A PITY PARTY FOR MYSELF ATLEAST 1 A WEEK... REALLY I DO....LMAO  KINDA SAD HUH???
by on Apr. 6, 2008 at 11:00 AM
Replies (11-13):
jimmyswife211
by Member on Apr. 12, 2008 at 11:09 PM
Mine is a little bit different.  My real mom doesn't take accountability for what she has done to me.  Like she thinks that since has said "sorry", I should just be over it.  And you can understand, it's not that easy. 

I know that she has demons, but I live her demons everyday of my life.  I visit those demons on my husband everyday of my life.  I can't make sense of them myself.  My head knows that they don't make sense, but my heart can't control that.  My heart says something totally different. 

So, the fact that you own up to your past and what you have contributed to...is VERY foreign to me.  I so commend you for that.  And that to me is wonderful, it shows me that you truly are working on sobriety and owning up to your past.  When you hide from it, you run the risk of using again.

I believe that there are things in EVERYONE'S past that they wish they could keep in a box with the lid taped on.  I have things that I don't want to people to know.  It's not who I am, it's not my proudest moments.  But I can't change them...and to regret them, means that I am stuck in them, means that I didn't learn a damn thing from them, and I WILL do them again.  So, I grew from them....learned what I needed....and now it's just something that was. 

I can't hold a grudge against my real mom.  Sadly....I am not able to have her in my life either.  But she has never come to terms with her addiction either.   My real mom never took a hold of her life, never got sober, so I had to just walk away from her...for my own sanity.  But I am finally at a point where I don't hate her, I don't feel sorry for her, I don't pity her.  It's just what it is now.  I had to live my life....and I had to do it for me.  You can't continue to punish yourself for your past.  If you do, your son will feel your pain, and then he won't be able to see you for anything other than an addict.  If all you ever do is think about what you did to him, then that's going to be the only mood for the time that you spend together.

So....I don't know if that was just a bunch of rambling or if it made sense to you.  I hope that it made sense.  I meant for it to.  I think you are trying....I feel that from you, and I want you know that I am here if you need me.

Monique
lostmoma
by on Apr. 12, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Quoting jimmyswife211:

So, the fact that you own up to your past and what you have contributed to...is VERY foreign to me.  I so commend you for that.  And that to me is wonderful, it shows me that you truly are working on sobriety and owning up to your past.  When you hide from it, you run the risk of using again.

I believe that there are things in EVERYONE'S past that they wish they could keep in a box with the lid taped on.  I have things that I don't want to people to know.  It's not who I am, it's not my proudest moments.  But I can't change them...and to regret them, means that I am stuck in them, means that I didn't learn a damn thing from them, and I WILL do them again.  So, I grew from them....learned what I needed....and now it's just something that was. 

Monique
You know this statement is way to much how i feel... are you really a person or are you a secret me from outer space....
i know all this but cant get myself to do or feel this way its just so hard, you are a wonderful person myfriend and ur words have made me think about the way i feel...
jimmyswife211
by Member on Apr. 13, 2008 at 1:10 PM
LOL!!!!  I REALLY am a person!  :0)

And I'm glad that I could give you my perspective.  I hope it helps.

Mo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)