Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hysterectomy on Friday-will it help?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2008 at 12:00 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 98 Total Views
Hi guys,
Okay-I am kind of freaking.  I have had my simple partial seizures since I had my kids (6 and 4).  I have HORRIBLE periods now.  Not only did that start when I had my girls, but I also PEE every time I move (jk-just when I sneeze, cough, laugh, etc!!!!).  SOOOO-my doctor talked to me about this bladder sling.  My dr thinks that maybe some of my seizures might be caused by the stress on my body during my periods because they are so bad.  So, she suggested that I have a partial hysterectomy at the same time he places my sling.  My neurologist and the surgeon both think it's a long shot, but we shall see.  SO, Friday is the day.  I have never been in a hospital aside from having my girls.  Now I have to be there for surgery (the biggest procedure I have ever had was childbirth and my wisdom teeth).  I am going in on Friday and staying until Monday.  WOW-I am scared.
Wish me luck!
Heather 
by on Apr. 15, 2008 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
sweetpeasmom1
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Wow!  I hope the hysterectomy works to help your seizures.  My mom had the same problem with her periods and had a hysterectomy at 37 years old.  She had problems with anemia (not seizures) because her bleeding was so heavy. 

They will take good care of you in the hospital.  Just think about how much better you will feel after you recover.  :)  I will be thinking of you!  Let us know how you are feeling!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)