Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a 3yr old with epilepsy

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:54 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 126 Total Views
My little girl was just recently diagnosed with having Complex-partial seizures. There is SO much that i don't understand about all of this and i am always looking to talk with others who can relate to the stresses, fears and frustrations. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kymbernv
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 2:54 PM
Hi there....Sorry to hear that your daughter has epilepsy. I have epilepsy myself and my 21 year old daughter has had seizures but has not been diagnosed. So I know a little how scary it is to have a child with seizures. Anytime you want to talk give me a holler..I'm on a lot and like to chat. What medication is your daughter on? At what age did she start to have seizures?  My thoughts and prayers are with you..
Take care..
Kimberly

TeeJay48
by New Member on Jun. 30, 2007 at 2:00 PM
Hi. Thank you for responding. My daughter started having her seizures ( that I became aware of ) at 2 1/2. She is currently on Keppra and Clonazepam. She still has at least a few episodes a day, even on the medications. The thing is, her seizures are caused by a growth on her brain. Her Neurologists are now thinking that it may be a tumor. So, we have more testing and procedures to go through. It's just so hard to watch her go through all of this and not be able to help her. I feel so useless sometimes. Thanks for listening and for taking the time to check out my post. I really appreciate it .

~Tracy~
kymbernv
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 2:04 PM
Did you find the group on here that is for children with epilepsy? When I was looking for a group for mothers with epilepsy I saw it, I don't remember the name though. Keep me posted on how your daughter is doing.....I'm so sorry that you are going through this.
kymbernv
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 2:06 PM
I hope that didn't sound rude :o( I didn't mean that this group couldn't be helpful, I just remember seeing one that specifically said children. This is a great group......anyway, just wanted to add that.
TeeJay48
by New Member on Jun. 30, 2007 at 2:13 PM
I did find that group and joined. Thanks. I'm trying to join as many groups on this subject as I can because it's so great to be able to find people who can relate to my situation. I have received a lot of great advice and information so far. This website has been a life saver for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)