Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared to have more kids

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 2:24 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 188 Total Views

Ok first off let me say I have a beautiful healthy son who is 20 months old and I thank God for him each and every day.  I believe I was meant to be a mother.  When other girls where saying I want to be a ballerina and an actress I dreamt of raising a family and being the best darn wife and mother I could be.  So not to drone on, my situation is when I got pregnant with my son I had to up my Keppra by the end of my pregnancy I was taking 2000 mg twice a day which I guess is a lot.  The doc said it was normal because the more me the more blood for the medication to go through and I should be able to go down after the baby.  Well they did the scan after I had Matty and found my body got used to the amount so we stayed at it.  I am afraid if I have another baby my Keppra will have to go up even higher.  Before I got pregnant I only had a seizure every 4 to 6 months and now it is every month or so.  I am just so disappointed because the mommy part of me really wants another baby but the another part of me is scared and thinks the seizure will be even more if I get pregnant again.  Ugh!

by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JaxsMommy182
by New Member on Nov. 24, 2008 at 7:47 PM

I would feel the same way you do. I am a little different than most of the members in this group.  I had one seizure in 2004 (no apparent cause) and another in 2005 when I was 4 months pregnant with my son.  I am on Lamictal now.  I am nervous to have another baby too.  In your case I can totally understand your fears.  Have you talked to your DR about this?  Maybe you can try a different medicine?  Good Luck!!!  PS-my DH and I are trying now to have #2!  Very nervous! 

krbarrett
by on Nov. 25, 2008 at 7:53 PM

I have talked to my neuro and he pretty much in not so many words told me to be happy with my son.  Maybe I will just ask him again lol.  I hope you have good luck on trying for number 2 :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)