Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

husband & epilepsy

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 2:49 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 317 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I couldn't find a group for wives that have hubbys with epilepsy.. so i thought i'd post here and ask if any moms had hubbys with epilepsy. my hubby  from petite-mall.. not sure how you spell it. he thinks its from sever head trauma as a child. still has a slight worry that his sons or one of his sons at least is at risk for developing it. makes life a little difficult.. but hey.. what can you do. Thanks in advance!

by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
krbarrett
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 12:36 PM

I am the one with seizures in our family but I wouldn't worry too much about your sons.  I asked my neuro because I wasn't born with epilepsy and wanted to know my sons risk.  He said the risk is like any none epileptic person...it can happen to anyone but because I wasn't born with it then it makes it less likely for my son to get it and it wouldn't be because of me.  I hope that made sense it is easier to explain when talking then typing lol.  Just be supportive of your hubby like I am sure you are.  I have grand-mal seizures and I know having a supportive spouse is so important.

Mountainmom1994
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 12:27 AM

I just joined this group. My hubby has epilepsy and it is very hard sometimes. He used to be very well controlled on meds and for years would have a seizure once every 6 to 8 yrs and usually that was due to not taking care of himself, getting too relaxed about taking his meds, etc. Then for a while he started having 1 or 2 a year, but then we found out that that he was being overdosed on his synthroid and once that was corrected, it got better (that was because his dilantin was interferring with his bloodwork for his synthroid, making it look like he needed more than he really did). Anyhow, the past 6 yrs or so, it got to be about one every 2.5 to 3 yrs. Well, he's had 3 in the past two months now and it's really scaring me. I'm afraid they will continue to get worse and that it will eventually get to the point where he would have to quit work. He just had one tonight and I'm just really kind of freaked out.

My kids get freaked out too - especially my son who is 11.

Kathy

krbarrett
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Not that is helps but I am very sorry to hear that about your husband.  I can understand being worried or scared if he was having them so far in between and then suddenly he has that many in such a short amount of time.  If you haven't already I would definitely call your neuro and schedule for your hubby and you to go see him/her because there is something going on and it should be addressed as soon as possible.  Not trying to scare you but it is important when anything changes with seizure situations.

awmk8
by New Member on May. 6, 2009 at 6:11 PM

My hubby just got word that he has seizures after 4 years of dealing with these off the wall syptoms. I think I have had every emotion I could think of in the last week. His, the doctor says, was caused by explosions in Iraq. He substanded a concusion while he was over there too.

Cher53
by Group Owner on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Quoting KylesMoM83:

I couldn't find a group for wives that have hubbys with epilepsy.. so i thought i'd post here and ask if any moms had hubbys with epilepsy. my hubby  from petite-mall.. not sure how you spell it. he thinks its from sever head trauma as a child. still has a slight worry that his sons or one of his sons at least is at risk for developing it. makes life a little difficult.. but hey.. what can you do. Thanks in advance!

Hi-

He is more than welcome here this forum is for Everybody!....Cher53

Cher53
by Group Owner on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Amanda

I know this post was back in 2009 I was on back then and God I feel so bad for him. I want to start by Thanking Your Family for your sacrifice, Then to your Husband I Thank him for his service...Cher

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN