Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Control and Epilepsy

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 11:36 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 205 Total Views

I have had seizures now for about 4 or 5 years and I take Keppra.  I have a seizure maybe about once a month and my DH and I had a theory that maybe it has to do with my period.  I asked my neuro but he said if the seizures are more than 2 or 3 days before or after it isn't to do with hormones/period.  I don't know if I buy it or not so we thought if I went on the pill maybe it would normalize my period because I get really bad cramps and such too.  Neuro and gyno both said it was fine to go on the pill.  So I started the pill Orthotricyclen Lo yesterday morning and then this morning as I was waking up I started to have the beingings of a seizure where I can't start and get numbness down my right side.  I usually have grand mal seizures where I go unconicous so this is irregular.  Has anyone heard of this happening to them or anyone they know?  I did call my neuro and they said to continue the birth control and call if I have another episode.  Thanks for any comments or advice!

by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lostmoma
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 12:10 PM

wow  i am not sure i would stay on the pill or not.. if that had not happened to you befor and you have grandmals.. witch i do too.. i reallly am not sure but it... i do know i would not keep taking them.....  i know this was no help but i needed to say it.... hope you are doing better.

american flag ribbonGROUP OWNER-------- TAMMYJO

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

In loving memory of

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)