Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what meds do you take? and how often?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 2:57 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 993 Total Views

i take dilantin 100 mg 4x a day
i also take keppra 1000mg 2x a day

by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumnrain64
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 9:15 PM
Hi, I take Depekote 250mg three times a day.

Or I should say I am supposed to take them that often but I tend to always miss that middle of the day one. Have for many many years. And my dr says there is no big deal about it. My blood level is always ok.

I do have slight tremors as one of the side effects. But nothing that bothers me. Excpet when I get upset or emotional, then my hands will shake real bad. Makes me look like I am loseing it more then the situation calls for. lol
Ellamarie
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2007 at 11:48 PM
I have elilepsy for 39 years. I am on Tegretol 400mg 5x day, Lamictal 6x day 120mg, Something else I can't think of the name. I just started taking it. I use two take 32 pills a day I went down a bunch.
musicloverDebs
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 9:42 PM
I take 2 Dilatin 100 milgram twice a day...but on Tuesdays and Saturdays I take 5 which is three in the morning and two at night..When I was started having the sezuires the dr put me on Depkote but I had a allergic reaction to it and I took something else and it did the same thing so I went on the dilatin and been fine the only side effects I have are I get dizzy really fast  and I get really tired too.
sweetpeasmom1
by New Member on May. 2, 2007 at 6:03 PM
I have been very fortunate with my seizures.  They are completely controlled by Tegretol (knock on wood).  I take Tegretol 200 mg in the AM and 300 mg in PM.  I have taken it for so long that I don't know if the med makes me tired or not.  All I know is that I'm always tired!  I get slight tremors, but not all the time.  I think that's a side effect of Tegretol too.  Oh, and we can't forget, lots of Folic Acid!!!!  Smile
byte_me
by New Member on Dec. 4, 2007 at 4:16 PM
Hey everyone!  I take 300 mg of Trileptal each day and I'm going back to my neurologist Jan 31st to find out if I can switch to Lamictal.  I have read that Lamictal is safer for pregnancy & we're trying to plan for a pregnancy sometime next year, so hopefully goodbye Trileptal very soon.

krbarrett
by on Dec. 7, 2007 at 7:26 PM
I take 2000 mg of Keppra twice a day and 1/2 a tablet of Ativan at night.  I get tired too but I don't know if it is all the meds or being a mommy of a 11 month old baby boy! :p
Cher53
by Group Owner on Jan. 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Hi Ladies I have been on Dilantin 100mgs 3x day and mysoline 250mgs 3xday since I was 17 I have tremors but have had no Seizures for over 22  years now
                                     Cher

Ellamarie
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Hi I take tegretol 400 rx mg 5 x day Lamictal 150 mg 6 x day zoniside 200 mg 1 a day. I have dropped a lot of pill I use to take up to 32 different pills.

bobo69
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 12:38 PM

i'm not on meds right now due to insurance issues

yorkie41
by on Nov. 21, 2008 at 10:25 PM

I'm on Carbatrol 300 in morning 300 at night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)