Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2007 at 12:43 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 176 Total Views
i think my dilantin level is is really off. and the dr.s dont know what the hell they r talking about,,, first time i ever had a seizure they told me that the level cant be 20. it is to stay between 10 and 12. but my last level check was a 45 and then they make me stop taking it for 2 days then start again. .. hate hate hate it...........
by on Apr. 5, 2007 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Autumnrain64
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 9:18 PM
I was given Dilantin in the hospital after my first siezure. But the side effects from it were immediate and something I could not handle.

Maybe you should talk to your dr about trying another med. Something that does not need such regulation. I only go for a check up every six months. And my level has always been good. Even with missing some pills here and there.
lostmoma
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 5:13 PM
yeah i have talked with the dr, its like talking to a wall. they did add Keppra after having a really bad seizure 2 years ago, but he wont take me off the dilantin because i have been on it for so long and it seems to keep them in check... mostly...
Autumnrain64
by on Apr. 16, 2007 at 12:05 AM
My doc had mentioned the Keppa, since it is fairly new and all.

But we talked about it and decided since what I take now is working and the side effect, tremors, are not big problem. There is no reason to change.

Since you are takeing two drugs are you still haveing siezures???
lostmoma
by on Apr. 18, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Quoting Autumnrain64:

My doc had mentioned the Keppa, since it is fairly new and all.

But we talked about it and decided since what I take now is working and the side effect, tremors, are not big problem. There is no reason to change.

Since you are takeing two drugs are you still haveing siezures???

MY LAST SEIZURE WAS IN FEB,   MOSTLY THEY R CONTROLLED BUT BECAUSE THERE ARE THINGS GOING ON IN MY LIFE I CAN NOT CONTROL THE STRESS IS COUSING ME TO HAVE THEM.  BUT SINCE FEB I HAVE BEEN DOING GOOD. I KNOW SOME PPL THINK IF YOUR STILL HAING THEM THEN ITS NOT OK, BUT BECAUSE I DID GO WITHOUT ANY FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS THEN HAD A HISTO. I HAVE HAD 4 SINCE 2001 WITCH REALLY IS NOT BAD, BUT BECAUSE THEY ARE GRAND-MALS. THE DR. WORRY... JUST PRAY I DONT HAVE ANOTHER ONE.....
Autumnrain64
by on Apr. 18, 2007 at 11:41 PM
I hope they get under control for you.

Like I said I only had two my whole life. But both were grand mal. And I am so glad that they are controlled with the meds.

I know though if I forget a pill or two during the week I  will get that feeling. So I try very hard to not forget any. I never want to have another one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)