Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im new...

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 3:45 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 273 Total Views

Hi there... Im new to the whole seizure thing and Im also a mom of a 10 month old.  I was wonderin what birth control you guys are using tat are also on antiseizure meds.  No one told me the pill wouldnt work anymore once you start dilantin, so thats how Ibecame a Mom!!!!  But shes perfect and healthy.  But my seizures are starting up again, and my doctors said I CANT get preggo yet... so please, if you dont mind, share your birth control options.

Thanks!!!

by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
krbarrett
by on Sep. 18, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I wish I could help but I don't use the pill we use condoms because of the side effects of the pill.  I take enough pills a day anyway lol!  My seizures meds are Keppra and Ativan (but Ativan is only at night).  I hope you can get some answers.  Talk to your neuro and gyno too get there opitions!

gettin_er_dun
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I dont want to be on the pill either.  And when I talk to my neuro he says thatoral birth control isnt effective du to the anit seizure meds.  when i talk to my gyno, he says that anti seizure meds dont effect birth control.

however a year and a half ago when i first started dilantin, i got preggo within a month after bein on the pill for 11 years....

i was just wonderin what everyone else was doin.  thanks for your info. we're definetly using condoms now.  it also doesnt help that i have endometreosis and being on the pill helped regulate me and ease the cramps... im bummed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN