Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with a carseat please!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:15 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 442 Total Views

hellol ladies my name is ashley and im new to this group.

Im running into a slight problem with my sons infant seat. Ds will be 6 months old on the 8th of next month and he has just about out grown his infant carrier. hes not a small boy by no means.

my question is when would be a good time to get a new one and when can i change him to front facing

Tthank you you for any advice that you give.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sexy_lette612
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:28 AM

BUMP!

sexy_lette612
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Anyone?

sallymoon
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Even though he is close to outgrowing his infant seat, he absolutely cannot go forward facing yet.  The next step after the infant seat is a convertible car seat, in the rear facing position.  A child should remain rear facing in their convertible seat until they reach the rear facing weight limit or have less than an inch of shell above their head (whichever comes first).  A child cannot legally switch to forward facing until they meet the minimum forward facing requirement of their car seat.  Most US seats have a minimum of 12 months and 20 lbs (both must be met to forward face).  some seats have higher minimums, and some also have a minimum height requirement for forward facing.  Keep in mind that these are minimums and it is 5 times safer for a child to remain rear facing.  Most children can remain rear facing to between 2 and 4 years old, depending on the convertible car seat and the child's build.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

kelliehelvie
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

A convertible is perfect for your situation! Keep him rear facing as long as possible!! At least to age 2 but longer after that is EVEN better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)