Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cool pocket money Job for moms

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2008 at 4:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 468 Total Views
Hey Cache Gals  this is Lisa Wyatt a local gal.  I own a small business called the Cache Valley Greeting Service.  I pay people to do greeting visits to new move- ins and Newly weds in the valley.  I supply the stuff, you do the visit I pay the bucks.  You are elligable to recieve the packet if you are new to cache valley or newly wed within 24 months.
Lisa Wyatt
by on Jun. 9, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
avpriddis
by on Jun. 10, 2008 at 5:55 PM
How does this work?  I am interested in a little extra cash!  It sounds like a great business.  I've lived here for almost 3 years now, but haven't heard of it before. 
2murphyboys
by Member on Jun. 11, 2008 at 1:42 PM
How do you do the pay scale for it? Is it just a standard amount per visit or what? Do you have to have a car or if you have other means of transpertation would that work as well? (i.e. walking or bus)
wyattbugg
by on Jun. 16, 2008 at 3:51 PM
This is a very part time position. It pays on a per greeting basis.  I provide packets to new move ins and newly weds within 24 months.  Sorry no single students qualify unless they have moved to cache valley permenantly.  The packet is free to those who qualify and is distributed via greeter at the persons home usually.  I pay greeters $8 per visit for under 10 visit completed in one months time.  I pay $10 per visit for all visits for over 10 completed in one month.  That is $100.00 for ten visits in one month.              I interview those interested just like most jobs.  I like to hire modivated and friendly people. Those hired are considered independent contractors to the Cache Valley Greeting Service, and are responsible for the following.  Finding qualified families to visit, any expenses for finding people and transportation expenses, also any taxes on income earned.  I provided all packets, and paper work to complete visits, and report them monthly.  I also provide your pay for the visits completed properly and a 1099 tax form if earnings total more then $600.

If you are interested in becoming a greeter or qualify to receive a free packet please call me at 435-881-9920, or reply to this post
Lisa Wyatt
wyattbugg
by on Jun. 16, 2008 at 3:54 PM
you dont need a car, although it helps.  The greeter is responsible for their own transportation
Lisa Wyatt
EricaAbbott
by on Sep. 5, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Oh I've seen you ad at the library! I think that is a great idea! How'd you come up with it?

wyattbugg
by on Sep. 8, 2008 at 2:26 PM

The business has been running for over 25 years.  I have even hear 40 years but I haven't proved it yet.  I just bought it after I became a greeter myself.  I want to start up a packet in Brigham City too, since I will be moving there this month.

Lisa Wyatt
Jerichos_Mommy
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2011 at 1:44 PM

So how do people who move here get this?  I moved to Clarkston over a year ago and never had a visit. 

As for the job.  Would doing this with children in tow in a problem?  Could it be done on weekends or in the evenings?  Are you still paying the same or has it increased with the price of gas?

Thanks,

Malena

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN