Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trouble with ideas for the babyshower...

Posted by on May. 9, 2011 at 4:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 467 Total Views

Ok so my MIL is having trouble with doing our shower. Here is the info.

Couple shower with our son also

diapershower cookout theme

doing the whole picnic thing

no games pretty much all family just a couple friends

I have the menu already

I need invitation wording, decorations (i like the whole ant thing with the red plaid look). What kind of things to put on the diaper cake? Ect...Any ideas anyone?

by on May. 9, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TinaMarieWelch
by Member on May. 12, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Diaper cake- I'll have to upload some pics of ones I've made when I get home... But could use the red/white/black in the ribbon, blanket, etc.  Could attack baby spoons and forks.  Might be able to make little "ants" out of black baby socks?  Maybe include other bugs (bees, caterpillars) as there are baby items that have those on them... 

Decorations- A banner, either with wording or simply decorative, in the red/white/black theme; table cloths and tableware in those colors; and antennae/feelers for the kid (s) to wear (headband+pipecleaners); Could use flowers in decorating- red and white (carnations or whatever) and make black ants out of paper (or whatever) and have them sticking up amongst the flowers...  I bet you could make cute "paper doll" style garland in the shape of ants- cut it out so they're all attached in a line, KWIM?  That'd be cute.

I'll see what else I can think of.  :D

TinaMarieWelch
by Member on May. 12, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Oh, invitation!

Hmmm...  I'd write a poem or something- but I'd include the baby name/mommy name/ surname- and for rhyming purposes, it wouldn't work well without it.  :D

But if you really just want diapers (I assume, where you say "diaper shower"?).  I'd maybe include something like "Let's shower the experienced parents with diapers so that they can Swaddle, Pamper, Luv, and Hug their new bundle of joy"- and use the logos of the diapers (or a font that looks like them) for each of those words.  :D

estrada_m0mmy
by New Member on May. 31, 2011 at 3:38 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom3bc
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM

here are some ideas 

jrzgirlzz
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:29 AM

For really cool - eclectic ideas - take a look at Styroscript.com -   custom cut styrofoam letters, names, shapes and numbers

Jrzgirlzz ~ Styroscript.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)