Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with ideas for an Elmo/Sesame Street party!

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 322 Total Views

HI! I'm new to the group. I am in the middle of planning my daughter's second birthday. The party is Sept 1 and I know its only July, but I'm scared that I will blink and Sept will be here. Also we need to spread out the purchases cause we are short on money.

So the party is mainly Elmo, but I don't mind mixing in other characters as long as Elmo is still the star. So far I already have the invitations done, I plan on serving goldfish crackers to represent Elmo's fish Dorothy. I also think I'm going to go buy a real goldfish since I already have a fish bowl in storage. I think I'm going to make some cookies for Cookie Monster and as favors I'm going to find some cheap crayons and print out some Sesame Street coloring pages. Also I want to make a sign that lookes like the Sesame Street sign.

I really need some more ideas! I love big decorated parties and my few ideas don't seem like much.. HELP!!

read my blog: www.rainingparade.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
victoriaherring
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SrkStrickland
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Here are a few pictures from my son's first birthday. I'm disappointed I didn't get to snap pictures of everything, including an elaborate banner I made that took me over a month, but I hope what I have can give you a few ideas :) good luck!

http://photobucket.com/albums/q689/Srkstrickland

victoriaherring
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Thanks :) our party was back in Sept but it turned out really well. I made the same goody bags.. I got a Elmo cake pan and my grandma decorated it perfectly. I had a tub that is the same look as oscars trash can so I made a space and made "oscars trash toss." I also found a classic looking fish bowl at a yard sale and I cleaned it really good and used it to hold goldfish. I used strawberries, carrots, and blueberries to make the faces like on Pinterest. I did a lot more that I'm not thinking of but it turned out great.

Quoting SrkStrickland:

Here are a few pictures from my son's first birthday. I'm disappointed I didn't get to snap pictures of everything, including an elaborate banner I made that took me over a month, but I hope what I have can give you a few ideas :) good luck!

http://photobucket.com/albums/q689/Srkstrickland

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SrkStrickland
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Oh my goodness! Lol. I didn't even notice the date on your post, geesh! Sounds like you found some great ideas! Glad it turned out well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)