Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two Year Old Boy's Birthday Party!!

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:08 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 514 Total Views

Hi ladies. My son's second bday is next month and we are planning on having a pool party for him and his cousins. We were thinking spongebob theme...but I realize it will be kind of expensive going with a popular cartoon character. I found it will be easier and more economical to do an "ocean adventure" theme. I plan on making a blue punch and calling it "ocean water" and having apple juice ice cubes frozen with swedish fish in them...Also have the kids decorate their own whole wheat crust personal pizzas with toppings of their choice and put them on the grill. Of course I will have a veggie tray with ranch dressing to dip!!

I saw a cool watermelon cut into a sharks mouth open and inside of the watermelon are sliced & diced strawberries, watermelon, blueberries, peaches, & pineapple. Finally an icecream sundae bar where the kids can pick the toppings of their choice. I don't really know what else to make, I know the kids will have fun making their own stuff! Most of the kids will be older than my son...so I know they will be able to handle these tasks! :)

I don't think we'll be doing any games or anything--as they will have enough fun in the pool. I may get some bubbles or something out for them to play with too. Another cool thing could be to make foam fishy shaped objects for them to decorate a picture frame out of and i can take their pics and send them back with the thank you card for them to put in their frame they made!

What do you guys think of these as party ideas?? This is my first time really planning my childs birthday party...as his first birthday party was much lower key with no other kiddos! :) I don't want it to be lame! LOL. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated...along with ideas for decorations!!

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
jrzgirlzz
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:06 AM

How about personalizing a centerpiece with your child's name?  http://styroscript.com/

Jrzgirlzz ~ Styroscript.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)