Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

camping ideas

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 497 Total Views
My son is going to be 7 in October. He is going on a camping trip and we will have his party the day he comes home. I would like to keep the camping theme going without actually having all the other kids camp overnight in case it gets cold. So far I'm thinking mini flashlights, compasses, glow sticks and maybe trail mix for favors. Possibly smores and a nature scavenger hunt. I thought about having them make binoculars out of t.p rolls, but am still undecided. Just wanted to see if anyone has any other ideas. Also I really don't know what to do as far as decorations. Unfortunately money is extremely tight this year so I won't be able to spend the money I usually do so cheap ideas are best, but any ideas are appreciated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
muthrof_2
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Maybe a fishing pool? Use hangers, string and magnets for the poles. And have lil fish laminated and put magnets on the back. With a prize on each? They sell rolls of magnetic strip at Walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2004MAMA715
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Didn't think of that, but its a great idea. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddhb2007
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM

My daughter wants a camping party too.  So far, we're planning to have the kids help build the fire and pitch the tent.  We'll also roast hot dogs over the fire for the meal.  We're going to make s'mores as dessert.  We'll go on a nature hike, and have the kids go on a scavenger hunt.  We also want to sing some camping songs and tell scary stories around the campfire.  Since the kids are only going to be six, I'm planning to send them home around 9 pm.

2004MAMA715
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Those are all great ideas. Are you going to decorate? I haven't seen much for decorations to go with the camping theme besides signs and tshirts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LisaRaygbor
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Whatever be the theme, balloons always act as best decoration item. You can choose solid latex balloons and use them with different variations like in a bunch or single. For party favors you can choose wristbands or glitter balls. Here are some boys birthday party favors. These are not so costly and loved by all. 

2004MAMA715
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I checked out the party favor link and am definitely going to take a better look at it. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LisaRaygbor
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 5:56 AM

Sure dear. Those are not too costly and are attractive useful items.

Quoting 2004MAMA715:

I checked out the party favor link and am definitely going to take a better look at it. Thank you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)