Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this...normal???

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:12 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 586 Total Views

(before i start, neither of the pictures are mine, they are just being used for a mental picture)

my son has learned to crawl!!!! which is great but he doesnt crawl like normal babies ive seen.  his left leg (when he crawls) is sorta like stading ish positioin like this,  but his knee is still kinda bent..when he crawls his right leg is stationed like this,  but its more like the ankle is attached to his butt, like he is sitting on it and the problem from there is, the right leg remains like that and he drags it behind him...it looks weird and tho he doesnt seem in pain im worried about him crawling like that...is this normal or am i justified enough to go and have his legs looked at???

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 5:17 PM

my nephew used to crawl like a solider when he was a baby and i was still with my first bf (who is a solider) it was cute every baby has a different way of crawling i wouldnt be too worried

Mommie2LeeLee
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about it now. A lot of babies crawl "different" from what we expect. My daughter used to drag herself accross the floor, eventually into an army crawl. She didn't crawl in a "normal" way until right before she walked. My friend's son crawled like how you described the way your son is crawling and he ended up going from crawling straight to running at 10 months! So I wouldn't worry too much. If he keeps doing that passed when he should be walking or trying to stand up, then I would ask his doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)