• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be there in August!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:26 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 571 Total Views

Hi!  My family will be moving there in August and I am hoping to get to know a few people before we get there.  My husband will be stationed at Mountain Home AFB, and I am hoping to get pickedup by lodging on base (that's where I work at our current base).

I will have 1 junior in HS and one 8th grader, and I will also need child care for our 1 yr old.

I haven't been very involved in our community at this base, but I'd love to change that when we move!

Hope to get to know many of you and see you when we get there!

Sharon

PS - if anyone has any tips on where to live & what schools are the best & day cares it would be great!

by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lovemi4lifebaby
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Hi Im Shannon, I have two girls one will be 3 and the other will be 1. I live on base. This page is pretty dead. but if you have a facebook please feel free to add me.

lovemi4lifebaby@yahoo.com  is the easiest way to look me up, If you have any questions please feel free to ask away. We have been at this base almost 5 years(though i have been here since highschool, just lived in boise lol) As far as school goes, there is only one high school in mountain home, and thats mountain home high school. I believe there is two middle schools, mountain home middle school and Thomas Hacker...and 3 or 4 elementary schools. There are tons of daycares, my girls dont go to them because Im a stay at home mom, but I have heard nothing but great things about Bright Beginning. anything else please feel free to ask.

BabySweetMama
by New Member on May. 26, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Hello! I am Lindsay! I have one little boy, he is almost 8 months old. I don't use this page that often, just joined it actually but I would like to use it more. I hope you get settled in well when you get here. Maybe there will be some play dates and we will meet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)