Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice about son's behavior

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 188 Total Views

My son has been in the same daycare for the last year.  For the past 6 months or so on a daily basis I have been getting incident reports from daycare that he has pulled hair, bit another child, scratched them.. I got one not too long ago that said he pulled another child by the collar and dragged them across the floor. mind you my son is only 2!! I just do not understand. Where the HELL are they when this is happening? why do they lat it get this far.? Since then I have been referred to ACES which is a therapy program for children  that helps them in speech, behavior and motor skills. So for the past month he has 2 therapist that come out and work with him for two hours a day, 5 days a week. I just got a call this morning and the teacher, director and assisstant director have scheduled a conference time to meet with me to discuss what i do for discipline and how we can make this problem go away. I work 5 days a week and i also in school four days a week, his grandmother  ( my mother) watches him when i am not home. We both do time outs, i have a specific chair "Naughty Chair" that I put him in when he needs to be disciplined. I always give a warning and let him know that what he is doing is wrong and tru to divert his attention to doing the right thing.. I do not  know what else to do. Do you think that by me being gone all the time that this is his way of acting out, or do you think that the daycare is to blame ( he is at daycare 9 hours a day, hich includes his 2 hour nap everyday five days a week) Please give me some advice . TIA..

Jennifer

by on Apr. 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Tinkerella
by New Member on May. 11, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Hi Jennifer, I'm so sorry! It sounds like a very difficult situation, like he's started on a roller coaster ride that could cause problems for years to come. Do you think it would help at all to change to a different day care? I'm just thinking that maye a fresh start without the label of being a 'problem child' might help him?? 9 hours in daycare is a very long time, but if it's a healthy place then he would be doing ok even with the long hours IMO.

I'm new to the group and just moved to Fullerton last week so I don't know of any local daycare or other suggestions! Sorry! I hope this resolves itself and he's able to be comfortable in daycare and you can put your mind at ease! Best hopes to you!

Jodi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)