Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*!* MUSE SUPPORT *!* Your Group Administrators

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 10:40 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 828 Total Views
Don't forget to meet each of your group administrators and get to know a little about them . . . Be sure to read their intros in the replies below!

When the opportunity to create new groups came along the whole atmosphere of CafeMom began to change, to be honest, I was just about to pay my tab and leave this little cafe . . . Some of the patrons weren't always nice. Fights broke out often, if I want to hear children bickering I can just take out my ear plugs!

I began looking through the groups, found a couple I thought would suit me, but I didn't find what I was hoping to find, somewhere to write. I figured someone would get the idea eventually, and then it came to me, why can't I be somebody? I created the group before I really took the time to think about it too much. Once I started to think about it I almost deleted it.

I have worked and moderated and written in writing groups before, they were my safe haven from the world around me. I could write what I felt and not worry about being judged or criticized. Every day I would write, and I would read and I would be inspired. When I was asked to join the team I was so thrilled. Several years later AOL decided to shut certain boards down, ours was one of them.

Some of us tried to rebuild what we had but it was futile and I felt like a whole family had instantly been taken from me. I emailed my cafe friends and asked them to join, some of them were writers, some were not. It was a slow start and I almost closed up shop but then someone posted a poem, and new members started coming to visit. I was more than delighted!

I had found a new sanctuary, with you. I knew that there was talent here, that was undeniable. I didn't know, not at first, that there was heart here as well. I've seen you guys reach out to each other, and you've reached out to me and I wish I could thank you for that. I don't say this often, but sometimes words simply aren't enough.

I won't share my life story with you, I will say that I have more difficult days than good ones. People often ask me how I do what I do everyday, I sometimes wonder myself! God guides me through every moment of every day. I live on my faith and I know without question that God's will is being done in my life and in the lives of my children, even during the worst moments, I know.

Believe it or not, aside from my husband and my mother you guys are the only friends I have and let's be real, can we really count my husband? I exist. Sometimes I feel like it's all I do. I exist. I do what needs to be done and I exist. I have to, they need clean underwear and a meal every now and then. I have purpose and I have love but I haven't had anything for me in such a very long time.

This group has taken my existance and breathed new life into it. Oh my, as usual I've used a thousand words to say one simple thing . . .

Thank you and I love you all. :o)

NOW ~ Since our little family has grown and more of you are letting your hair down and the words are freely flowing I decided a little help would be a good thing!

The phrase Muse Support was thought up by our dear Pam so I promoted her. Okay, there was more to it than that! But I think it is a fun and fitting title for the wonderful ladies that will be helping and encouraging everyone who graces this forum. We are all here for each of you - Questions, comments, concerns, needs, wants, advice . . . whatever you need we are here for you!

Your MUSE SUPPORT Team ~

pamlarson - A recent blessing in my life

jcam8506 - An amazingly talented poet with too cute of a little boy

Baps - One of our newest members and someone I am thankful to know

I love you guys and I thank you and I respect you and I think you are all talented and beautiful and . . . Okay, too much  :o)

As Always ~ Hugs & prayers ~ Crystal

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST . . .
http://www.cafemom.com/group/40/boards/read.php?post_id=55248

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've had to say goodbye to pamlarson :o(

http://www.cafemom.com/group/40/boards/read.php?post_id=65079
by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 10:40 PM
Replies (1-9):
qwietpleez
by Crystal, Group Owner on Apr. 1, 2007 at 11:12 PM

Hi guys! Please welcome Raiyne to your Muse Support Team!

We will be adding two additional group administrators soon, if anyone else would like to join the team please let me know as soon as possible.

Duties include - Writing  :o)  checking in a few times a day, responding to new posts, giving feedback when poster has asked, deleting inappropriate posts/advertising posts, reminding posters of graphic works to title them with the appropriate *Warning - Adult Content* title

Not too much really . . . Hugs & prayers ~ Crystal

JCam8506
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2007 at 7:45 PM

Hi Everyone!

Introduction:

Many of you have already met me, but seeing as we have so many new members, I am introducing myself again. My name is Jessica, single mother of one beautiful 1 year old boy named Cameron, and a member of Whispered Words since February 8, 2007, group administer since March 20.

My Granny (who died when I was 16) gave me my first poetry journal when I was 8, and I’ve been writing ever since! Words are my refuge from the world, but also my release, and a way for me to reach out and touch others.

In person, I am very shy, but on paper (or computer as you will) quite the opposite, so feel free to send me a message at anytime. I am always overjoyed to hear from you wonderful ladies.Wink

~Jessica~Muse Support~

Poetry 

Quiet whisper,

Silent words seeded in the soul,

An echo of a dream

that is a dream no more,

Sounding in the heart’s chamber,

unhindered,

poetry is birthed within

a beauty undiscovered,

virtue, and a sin
qwietpleez
by Crystal, Group Owner on Apr. 2, 2007 at 8:46 PM
Our Muse has captured another . . . Maestra has donned the group admin badge!

So happy to have you aboard!

Raiyne
by Group Admin on Apr. 3, 2007 at 10:04 AM
Hi!

My name's Rianna, I live in the DFW area of Texas, and I'm turning 23 this month. I have a beautiful 9 month old daughter who i would give the world for.

I joined this group March 27th and became an admin a couple of days later. I absolutely love it! I love reading everyone's works, and enjoy the chance to share mine with you.

Mmmm... what else.... Oh yes, I love to write. It's how I deal with the world and everything  in it, how I share my thoughts. It's my inspiration in and of itself. 

I suppose that it... Sorry, I'm not the best at these introduction things! 

~Rianna
qwietpleez
by Crystal, Group Owner on Apr. 3, 2007 at 12:28 PM
artisttoo will be supporting your muse from time to time, please welcome, welcome, welcome her!
artisttoo
by Group Admin on Apr. 3, 2007 at 8:38 PM
Hi, everyone! My name is Deanna (artisttoo).  I am a retired third grade teacher so I have read a lot of papers in my time of 34 teaching years.  Of course , your work is far beyond what I used to grade and comment on, but I have always loved the written word.  I have taken a course in writing for children and hope one day to publish.  I have written quite a bit of poetry for children,  which is much easier for me than writing anything deep or dark. 
I am married now for 44 years to the same guy I once went to church just to look at .  He was gorgeous, still is to me.  We have two children , one of our own and one adopted. Our birthchild was born deformed with many birth defects.  He can write beautifully, however.  We have four grandchildren, who are the joys of my life. 
I am also an artist.  I paint in acrylics and had a one person show last November.
I enjoy writing what all of you have written.  I will try to give you an honest assessment of your work.  I think we have some top rate writers at this site. Thanks for allowing me to be part of it.
Deanna, your new muse support
qwietpleez
by Crystal, Group Owner on Apr. 26, 2007 at 12:13 AM
Please welcome 3littlekittysma as our newest addition to the Muse Support team!

Baps
by Group Admin on Apr. 26, 2007 at 2:02 AM
Hello Everyone!
I'm called Baps a.k.a. Pamela. Writing is such a release for me. I am privileged whenever I write something that touches anothers heart.
I have written various pieces. I have the "often-spoken-of-but-not-yet-finished" book among my papers which calls to me for completion. I had the honor to write and direct a play for a home-school group of 30 children. How do you express the emotions you feel when you see your work performed? Wow.
My desire is to encourage, read and listen. I am here for you. And I appreciate your comments on my writings as well. Here's the newest joy of my life...
Angelena Marie ~ A Blessing and a Miracle ~

-Baps, Muse Support
3littlekittysma
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 11:51 AM
hi!!  my name is jasmine and i am twentyfour. i have been married for seven years and have three beautiful little girls and i have one cat named claus.  i have been writing since i was about twelve years old and find it serves well as a release and helps me evolve each and everyday into someone that understands herself and others better.  it has been the hand that pulled me out of depression, it has been my shoulder to cry on, it has celebrated lifes accomlishments alongside me....i love this group and look forward to co administrating!! thanks for having me:)
jasmine~muse support

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN